Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Major Service

Hamster75

Nurburgring
Hi can anybody tell me if a main dealer Porsche major service includes replacement of the dual air filter elements in rear of car.

The reason I ask is that I know the pollen filter is included under bonnet front compartment, with major service, however my car booklet manual says the air filters are at a separate interval of 6 years.

Then on Porsche fixed price servicing schedule it says the major service includes air cleaner element ?

Thanks in advance.

They usually quote those as a separate item, like brake fluid and PDK oil change, for example.

Its not due air filters at a Major service as thats 4 years so it will be due at the 6 year minor service along with the pdk fluid as thats also at 6 year intervals.

I belive but may be wrong that the gen 1 was air filters at 4 years .

Rule of thumb .. everything is an extra at a service :(

So .. Plugs , Air filters if at 6 years , PDK fluid , Tip oil , Gear oil , Diff clutch oil , brake fluid are all extras .. depending on which of those you have on your car .

Pollen filters are included with every service though .

They may state air filter replacement at 6 years in case people have just been doing minor servicing up to that point and obviously a clean air filter is pretty important for a healthily breathing engine. If, on the other hand, services have been alternated every 2 years between minor and major (as many owners do) then at 6 years it will only have been two years since a new air filter would've been installed at the 4 year major service.

Having been on the phone to an OPC today to book in my car for its 6 year service in March, the 6 year service is priced as a "package" to include Air filter, drive belt, AWD oil change and PDK clutch oil change (as applicable). I'm booked in for the end of March which gives me a couple of months working the streets to pay for it... :lol:

Thank you for your replies that gives me piece of mind, as I just had my car in for a major service at OPC,

I asked for brake fluid change & belt separately but had done my filters myself 18 months ago but was thinking they would be still be done in the service.

When I got home I looked & saw that mine are still there, which is fine as they're not old but thought I may have been had, (now not the case so happy I kept quiet thanks to the forum)

I am a former motocross rider so very keen on having clean air & fresh oil in my cars or bikes.

Thanks Guys

Online Porsche servicing pricing says major service price includes all items in minor service as detailed plus: replacement of air cleaner element which must mean air filters as the replacement pollen filter is included in the minor service list of detailed items.

TB said:
Online Porsche servicing pricing says major service price includes all items in minor service as detailed plus: replacement of air cleaner element which must mean air filters as the replacement pollen filter is included in the minor service list of detailed items.

Hi TB yes this is what got me thinking they would have done them, as it says on line air cleaner element, the major service is £500 & the interim £400 both do the pollen filter
I had the other items done separate brake fluid & drive belt but thought air cleaner would have been done ?

It seems as though my answer is in the previous responses though, the air cleaner elements were approx. £80 when I did them 18 months ago.

I just checked a service sheet .. Gen 1 is at 4 years so with a major service , gen 2 is at 6 years so with a minor service and will be an extra cost as its not part of a normal minor service .

Drive belts are also replace at 6 years with a check every 2 years .

Demort said:
I just checked a service sheet .. Gen 1 is at 4 years so with a major service , gen 2 is at 6 years so with a minor service and will be an extra cost as its not part of a normal minor service .

Drive belts are also replace at 6 years with a check every 2 years .

Thanks that answers it, they're are not included then, Thanks you for helping clarify this one for me & others.

6 year intervals on AtF and transfer box / diff oil?

If i had a pdk or 4 i would not be leaving it that long

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back