Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latest DVLA auction

Stuck a couple of bids down, hoping I win something this time... I'm 0/5 so far on DVLA auctions.

One of them is for my 1 year old, should make a nice 17th birthday present! :D

robbiej said:
i got a rdj 911t for £450 + fees

I was going to go for that if I'd got outbid on PBZ 993 ( and no my name is not Pablo Bonito Zamora)

Isn't the auction tomorrow? Or have I accidentally stepped into a time machine...?

Shaoxter said:
Stuck a couple of bids down, hoping I win something this time... I'm 0/5 so far on DVLA auctions.

One of them is for my 1 year old, should make a nice 17th birthday present! :D

I picked up one for my daughter (7) last year from the DVLA.... DA15Y.. but the Mrs has pinched it for her car :roll:

Shaoxter said:
Isn't the auction tomorrow? Or have I accidentally stepped into a time machine...?

That's the Feb18 Live auction.

These were from the Jan online Timed auction :typing:

:thumb:

robbiej said:
i got a rdj 911t for £450 + fees

And looks very nice on your car too. I've just seen it parked next to mine at my local indy. :thumbs:

Just to update, I did finally win something at a DVLA auction! Came in well under my budget too. Now I have to wait 16 years before giving it to my son for his 17th birthday and try and resist the temptation to stick it on one of my cars during that time :grin:

I was following OSH100 - guide price £800 and ended up going for £1800+

Didn't think it was worth that. :hand:

Osh

I bid on quite a few and they all went for a lot more than was anticipated, so the market seems quite strong atm.

Buyers have a tendency to get over-excited at DVLA auction as they're bidding on a plate that in some cases is unique to them. If you're going to keep it then no drama but try to sell, eBay for example and they get nowhere near what they paid.

I've swept a few up off the 'bay after bidding them in the nuts. I was very tempted on OAT 1S for a pun. Even at £1900 Buy it Now I reckon was a cheap as chips :grin:

Chaps

there's loads of 911 and other Porsche numbers plates coming up for auction on the DVLA website, if thats your thing.

Might be worth having a gander and seeing if your initials are coming up...

Osh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back