Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Southern Breakfast Club Meet - 4th March Alton

Fast Bug

Not quite sure what I've started with these, but here's the next one :mrgreen:

www.thedepartureloungecafe.co.uk on Sunday the 4th of March at 10 am as thats when they open, post code is GU34 4BH.

Some nice roads around that neck of the woods, John and John's mate will no doubt go the wrong way even though they're local :thumb:

So who's in?

Looks like a nice venue , good to see it has a roof and toilets. Now how many Johns and Johns mates will be coming.

"I'm John and so's my wife "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYc_flMnMQ

1.Fast bug
2.Phil 997.

1.Fast bug
2.Phil 997.
3.G2

I'll ask Bigus and Incontinentia if they are up for it.

1.Fast bug
2.Phil 997.
3.G2
4.TheC

Newbie alert, ok to drop in with my 996 to this one, not far for me and know the back roads fairly well. :thumbs:

Will check diary - one bit of local knowledge - if you are coming down the A339 from Basingstoke - watch out for bikers - well-down for seeing quite a few accidents and is a favoured Sunday ride-out route.

TheCock said:
1.Fast bug
2.Phil 997.
3.G2
4.TheC
5. Porkee Roof & a toilet you are spoiling us. :floor: :thumbs:

mikeluke said:
Will check diary - one bit of local knowledge - if you are coming down the A339 from Basingstoke - watch out for bikers - well-down for seeing quite a few accidents and is a favoured Sunday ride-out route.

yep and also lots of :cop: :cop: :cop: around that area :thumb:

1.Fast bug
2.Phil 997.
3.G2
4.TheC
5. Porkee Roof & a toilet you are spoiling us.

Are you referring to the local swine by any chance Phil

mzmini said:
Are you referring to the local swine by any chance Phil

Well I might be Chris ,After getting pulled the other day :nooo: he said you were doing 42mph in a 30mph zone I said I was emabarased ... he nodded
I said how am I supposed to tell the lads I was only doing 42mph and could I have another go as I was sure I could be faster.... he frowned
I did say I was only in 1st gear :grin: anyway he didnt like it when I asked if he was a cadet and now I have to go on a driver eduction course :grin:.
So that will be fun ,hope I can teach them a few things :nooo: I did look surprissed when he said " no you are not the tutor you are the student" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yup - once saw a guy in a Nissan GTR getting pinged by a speed gun on just about the only straight bit of road between Basingstoke and Alton, as he pulled out to overtake. I felt really sorry for him as I'd been following him all the way and he'd been very patiently (and sensibly) following a 'Sunday driver' in front. He floored it and the copper stepped out with the speed gun! Oops!

BTW - might seen some organising from me... Having checked the calendar I have just remember that it is my son's 18th birthday! Bad Dad!

:eek:

mikeluke said:
Yup - once saw a guy in a Nissan GTR getting pinged by a speed gun on just about the only straight bit of road between Basingstoke and Alton, as he pulled out to overtake. I felt really sorry for him as I'd been following him all the way and he'd been very patiently (and sensibly) following a 'Sunday driver' in front. He floored it and the copper stepped out with the speed gun! Oops!

BTW - might seen some organising from me... Having checked the calendar I have just remember that it is my son's 18th birthday! Bad Dad!

:eek:

Mike, he will love a breakfast meet for his Birthday bring the cake ... sorted :thumb:

I've considered looking in to how much it would cost to insure him for one day on the Porsche... He passed his test back in August

Any suggestions as to where to look for that?

Phil did you get a speed awareness course ? 42 in a 30 I thought that the tolerance was a lot lower round 3MPH +10% :dont know: Kate got 3 points and a do not pass go £60 ticket 48 in a 40 only time she drove the M5 LOL
stick us down for the Alton run mate, going to see a black Turbo hopefully tomorrow 8)

I've never seen police on that road.

Maybe I'm just too fast for them :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back