Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MPG computer just dropped ?!

SJM911996

Hello all

So my 1999 C4 trip .. running all good .. sounds good .. just the last day or so the trip computer ... ave MPG section just is all over the place .. and keeps dropping to 15 and 14 mpg .. never been like that before ... always 19-21 about town etc ..

I did have a few full ups with normal fuel while I couldn't find a 98 petrol station ..

She sounds ok .. is going ok .. just very strange .

Anyone else had this ? I had a new A/O separator last year .. not due a service yet ..

Likely to be fuel grade: regular will drop you a couple of mpg or if you have re set the mpg on the computer as it works on an average so will be less stable on lower data volume: my BMW does this all the time after a data reset until racked up a good few miles. Worse if you have put a fresh pair of lead socks on straight after..

May sound stupid, but is the weather colder than it has been in your area? Remarkable how much a drop of a few degrees has to the fuel consumption.

Yeah it's cold but not as cold as before and then I had no issues .. just the last 2 days ... since last fill up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back