Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo engine misfire

richieTT

Hi all, my turbo has an occasional misfire just wondering if anyone here has had the same problem. The misfire only happens when pulling away from either a standstill or low speed, car has done this for some time intermittently I was hoping this would be cured when last serviced as it had all new coil packs and new spark plugs. MAF or injectors??

Difficult im afraid with out seeing the car ..

Its not spark from the sounds of it .. injector is possible but would tend to be a more permanent fault ..

Mafs do mess around on these but not really giving symptoms of a misfire .

Really the fuel trim values need to be looked at .. im guessing the values for RKAT .. (mixture at idle ) will point to a fault , and i expect the values for Frau and FRAO will be normal whilst Rkat will be high or low depending on the type of fault .

richieTT said:
Hi all, my turbo has an occasional misfire just wondering if anyone here has had the same problem. The misfire only happens when pulling away from either a standstill or low speed, car has done this for some time intermittently I was hoping this would be cured when last serviced as it had all new coil packs and new spark plugs. MAF or injectors??

Who serviced the car? Did they plug in their diagnostic tool and give you an idea of why it's misfiring even though they had replaced the obvious culprits?

It's been serviced by JZM for the last 2 services I've booked it in with them to investigate.

richieTT said:
It's been serviced by JZM for the last 2 services I've booked it in with them to investigate.

Did you have any luck with the diagnosis?

booked in with JZM on the 16th when they are also changing the clutch could be an expensive visit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back