Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts on chopping in the atom...

911tom

Lately I've been considering selling my atom for something more useable. The contenders are a cayman 981 gts or a cayman 987 R. I have really enjoyed owning the atom but it is just so unpractical! With my turbo seeming to spend most it's life off the road I am left with no useable toy. Am I mad to be considering this?

Thoughts please...

I reckon you are thinking like this because its mid winter, if it were summer you'd be using the atom all the time. If you bought a Cayman, as soon as your 911 is fully up to speed, you wouldn't use it. Get a £1000 mx5 to play in right now, then sell in the summer and get you money back. :thumbs:

911tom said:
Am I mad to be considering this?

100% :wack:

It's the most fun thing I have been in since I had my bike :?:

That's the answer, you should buy a motorbike! :bike:

:thumb:

Funny a mate of mine is doing the same thing, he loved the atom but he never tracked it and it just hardly used. I told him to get a cayman gts!! Great fun all year round!!

911tom said:
Am I mad to be considering this?

Yes. End of discussion :D

Morgan 3-wheeler :thumb: Given your line up I'd stick to something different. A 981/987 and the 996TT won't get driven :hand:

:floor: you guys! It all makes sense though! Not having the turbo is the problem. You're right when I get my turbo back I'll be driving that and the atom is hard to beat in the summer. The weather looks good tomorrow. Maybe il try and get out in the atom.

Having driven one at Palmersport, an Atom is also on the list of possible track cars I fancy - the grip is outstanding!

There's an Atom that floats around near me driven by a chap with a helmet with big teeth on it - is that you by any chance?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back