Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it Spring yet ?

Porschekit

I hate the long dark nights and short rainy, dirty, salty days of winter..... :x

Trying to decide whether to bring her out of SORN on Feb 1st instead of March 1st..... :dont know:

Answers on a postcard please to......... :popcorn:

Keep it clean now ..... :grin:

Funny as i was out in mine yesterday and i was thinking you would be itching to get out for a drive :thumb: .
Anyway you know what i think , they shouldn't be locked away at all :)

It must be spring as yesterday I went out on my motorbike. I only went home when my hands got so cold I was struggling to operate the thing (no heated grips). Bring on the sunshine :grin: :grin:

Summer, my favourite day of the year

You can just tax it month to month, none of this 6 month tax nonsense anymore :nooo: So go for it!

Or tax it today and SORN again end of Jan, what's it gonna cost you, £25ish :dont know: About the same price as going to the cinema for 2 hours nowadays, I know where I'd rather be sat if I had the choice :grin:

:thumb:

I'm too busy until end of feb so 01/03 for me and can't wait!!

Get her out!

What's SORN mean?

I'm currently in Peru and it's full on summer here. However I have no car so I don't benefit. But I'd be terrified to drive it here anyway as Peruvians are nutters behind the wheel. Some of the worst driving I've seen to date.

Am missing the cars, the Boxster would be out if I was home but not the 911.

Had to go down to Brum and back today and decided on the Yeti rather than the red car. Proved to be a good decision given how depressingly accurate the forecast was. Six hours on filthy roads with heavy rain, sleet and slush on the way back. However dedicated I am to the cause, it would have been one drive too far.

Ironically,with freezing temperatures, the first fault has occurred in 66000 miles - the heated seat has packed up!

i use mine through the winter, i pick the days, i avoided that fortnight of ice and salt, i avoid rainy days, but i used it on Saturday, i think its best to keep the thing active, especially when its coming up to its 36th birthday. :thumb:

I've never understood the paranoia with salt. Every week I wash my car, I give the underside a good hose down with fresh water. I can only see it being a problem if its driven on a salty road then putting it away in a dry atmosphere for months. :dont know:

alex yates said:
I've never understood the paranoia with salt. Every week I wash my car, I give the underside a good hose down with fresh water. I can only see it being a problem if its driven on a salty road then putting it away in a dry atmosphere for months. :dont know:

yes, there is paranoia, but a good hosing is the answer,

regarding salt and what it does though, i have a water softener, when i fill it with tablets, i occasionally drop some on the cupboard door hinge, i noticed that its just rotted it right through the chrome, nasty stuff. :thumb:

I work at sea and I know not to underestimate salt water. It's a constant battle against it onboard any vessel. Hosing down helps but you can't prevent it over time. That's why cars in dry climates last longer without rusting.

Yeah I totally get that, but there's a slight difference between stuck in an ocean full of the stuff and a sprinkling of it on the road that washes away everytime it rains or snows. Some folk start having a thrombo as soon as the yellow truck with the orange light passes their house.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back