Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The dealer left a PIWIS 3 tester in my car

stefant

Trainee
took my 996 targa in for a minor service to the local OPC on Friday, picked it up yesterday and noticed on the floor they had left the PIWIS 3 tester that plugs into the car, wifi version.

Just wondering how long it is before they call me and ask for it back, I think they cost a lot of money... I will give it to Tuesday and then call them and offer to swap it for a major service (ha ha)

You'll have had a call by Monday lunch time.

Thats the interface part of the Piwis .. im afraid to say its kinda common .. i remember several times it happened to My OPC .

The mechanic is in for a kicking thats for sure !

What Pwis sir :dont know: might have a good second hand one in my shed :grin: :grin:

The amount of tools I've left onsite over the years, easy done. I'm sure they'll call Monday

Just to add .. your a good man to tell them about this , the mechanic is in a fair bit of trouble for this and contrary to popular belief we are not payed a large wage in fact its the opposite .. the prestige of working on such a car and the belief that all mechanics want to means the wage is pretty low.

Ill humbly add i was on £21 k basic + bonus when i left my OPC 3 years ago .

Far far too much Iain IMHO
only joking I would pay double that :worship:

update - for anyone that cares...

The dealer never called me, so I called them. They sent someone out to collect it the next day.

I was eagerly waiting my token of appreciation from them, maybe a free service, or maybe a keyring - what excitement.

anyway got F*ck all !

I feel like a better person though for giving it back!

HSC911 said:
stefant said:
I feel like a better person though for giving it back!

Karma will reward you at some point
hippy.gif

:thumb:

I agree, but what a buch of ***** not recognising it in some way. Many would've had on eBay by now. :nooo:

Finders keepers losers weepers! With an OPC anyway, or any car related buisness. From bitter experience it doesnt work the other way round, I would genuinly have just kept it :evil: 100%

I found a temp prob unit that Kwik fit had used to check my aircon with in my car when I got home. No doubt not very expensive but it looked new so I phoned them to tell them. They thanked me and asked me to drop it off. I said no as it was out of my way but they where welcome to come and collect it or send a pre paid envelope and I would post it back. I never heard anything from them so its still in the 993 glove box :bandit:

I do offer air con temp checks for £5 as well as valuation services :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back