Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Almost 30k miles on my GTS.

leasky

Monza
My faithful old (2011) GTS is approaching 30k miles. I have had the car for 4 years and it has been a joy to drive on every occasion that I have had her out (albeit I only managed less then 1000 miles between the last 2 MOT's).

I am toying with the idea of changing her but I really am at a loss as to which 911 to go for next. I am only back in the UK about 5 months a year and have no cause to commute when I am home. The car is used sparingly, I have a couple of motorbikes which I use most of the time and sometimes use the wife's Range Rover, so my car is purely used for the occasional slap around the Scottish Highlands on the rare dry day which we are seldomly blessed with up here in Gods Country.

My buggy has the full Ackrapovic system, Ceramics and PDK - should I just stick with the GTS? Is it worth the extra money for a Turbo or a Turbo S? Is the grass looking greener and should I be happy with what I have?

Any pointers / thoughts gents?

I'd keep it and enjoy, let's see a picture :thumb:

In your position I'd keep the GTS. It must be a great car for the use you put it to. I doubt very much whether you'd be able to use the extra bhp that the Turbo would give you and you'd certainly miss the noise.

Sounds like the perfect 911! Could even be the best 997 of all? Another vote to keep 100% (unless its not white of course) :grin: Lets meet for coffee in Iraq and discuss :thumb:

I'd definitely keep it.

997.2 GTS is one of the best 911's in my opinion. I'd have one over a turbo.

Any photos?.... :)

I've got a manual 997.2 GTS and wouldn't swap for a Turbo.Friemd of mine did and regretted it. Quite a few people find the Turbo a bit inert and dare I say boring.

One car I would consider swapping for and I think would maybe suit your use well is a 981 Spyder ? That said the GTS is just such a great car and yours sounds like a proper Unicorn spec!

Any exceuse for this photo pure 997 heaven...

And for the Basalt contingent....

Attachments

• img_8277xxxxxxxxx_163.jpg
    img_8277xxxxxxxxx_163.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,047
Gents, thank you all very much for your honest and frank responses; you have confirmed what I was suspecting. I would love one of the new GTS cars but simply can not justify such a jump in cost from my current car.

Here is an image of the old girl:

Attachments

• 189ccc93_de9f_484c_bc3f_2dd7fdb5da68_203.jpeg
    189ccc93_de9f_484c_bc3f_2dd7fdb5da68_203.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 4,032
leasky said:
My faithful old (2011) GTS is approaching 30k miles. I have had the car for 4 years and it has been a joy to drive on every occasion that I have had her out (albeit I only managed less then 1000 miles between the last 2 MOT's).

I am toying with the idea of changing her but I really am at a loss as to which 911 to go for next. I am only back in the UK about 5 months a year and have no cause to commute when I am home. The car is used sparingly, I have a couple of motorbikes which I use most of the time and sometimes use the wife's Range Rover, so my car is purely used for the occasional slap around the Scottish Highlands on the rare dry day which we are seldomly blessed with up here in Gods Country.

My buggy has the full Ackrapovic system, Ceramics and PDK - should I just stick with the GTS? Is it worth the extra money for a Turbo or a Turbo S? Is the grass looking greener and should I be happy with what I have?

After much deliberation having driven a GTS this weekend a decision has been made and now on the look out for a fine example. :D

SGH said:
leasky said:

After much deliberation having driven a GTS this weekend a decision has been made and now on the look out for a fine example. :D

there is one just up the road from me, black, manual, 79k miles, about 57 grand, looks fantastic,

its also on ebay no. 292405659463

Palladium said:
SGH said:
leasky said:

there is one just up the road from me, black, manual, 79k miles, about 57 grand, looks fantastic,

its also on ebay no. 292405659463

:thumb:

Not my 1st choice of colour.

Defo keep, especially as little use. Agree that justifying addition for a 991 (gen 1 best in IMO) is difficult, but suspect 997 will be more sought after in years to come too.

Enjoy :thumb:

Without being absent minded or slow on the uptake etc :lol:

What has the GTS got over the Turbo, meaning what's are the specs making it that good etc?

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back