Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dead battery problem - solved!

OutofOffice

Ok so I am a long time reader of this amazing forum but I normally never have anything to contribute by way of useful know how because, well, I am not exactly mechanically minded.

Today is my day! After committing the sin of not driving my 996 turbo for the last few weeks the battery was totally dead. Handbook out, car battery from the wife's car, plugged into fuse box, alarm goes off as expected and despite locking and unlocking the car door per the instructions, alarm would not stop and frunk would not pop.

I tried this last night (late, oops) and early this morning (oops again). Anyway, no further ideas but decided to take the battery from the wife's car for a third time and try again, but using the key fob (having removed it from the lock) to try to pop the bonnet when the alarm went off. It worked after a few presses and the alarm stopped!!!

So, it's not in the manual (and in retrospect it's a pretty obvious thing to try) but it worked for me and if this helps someone who is just reading the manual to solve this issue then great :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back