Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are you the owner of S1LSY?

resigner

S1LSY, Black C2S cabrio which was in Bishops Stortford today having some work done. If you are, and I think I remember seeing your reg number on here before, I would love to see the install when it's done as I'm thinking of having the same thing done.

cheers

You can't pit a post up like that and not tell the rest of us what's going on. That's torturous! What are we missing out on. What should we be doing. Here's my wallet, take my money now :floor:

It was in a car audio place in Bishops stortford having some new upgrades.

This forum is constantly finding ways to take money from me!

This looks like a good upgrade so I'm now adding this to my list.

Would be interested to hear the outcome of your work along with anyone else who has had it done? Also thinking of getting them to add more Dynamat to the back seat area to try and reduce road noise.

For now I'm getting my amp fixed by Tore in Norway, see other thread, because he actually fixes it and warranties it for 5 years. May well go this route in the future at some point. Really want to hear someones car with it before I commit that amount of money!

Sorry for the late reply, Yes it's my C2S that had the audio upgrade there.

I had a Kenwood DMX7101-DABS HU fitted along with the AudioFile-In Car sound package, with a reversing camera.

I did not have Bose so the stock door woofers have been retained for now but I have decided to go back and have those upgraded too in a few weeks time.

I will post up some pictures when I get home but the sound difference is considerable.

Ask for Gary if you want any advice - really knows his stuff as is a top guy too.

Paul.

Here are some pictures of the install.

Cheers,
Paul.

Attachments

• img_7382_592.jpg
    img_7382_592.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,045
  • img_7383_681.jpg
    img_7383_681.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 3,045
  • img_7384_449.jpg
    img_7384_449.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,045
  • img_7385_182.jpg
    img_7385_182.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,045
  • img_7386_820.jpg
    img_7386_820.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3,045
Just a follow up to this thread, I had some 8" Eton subwoofers fitted to replace the Porsche woofers in the doors.

The difference is incredible and worth every penny!

Paul.

Having had the wiring tidied up (found some loose connections) and the ASK amp fixed by Tore, with the Pioneer SPH DA120, it all sounds rather good and fine, not amazing, but plenty of bass and everything is pretty balanced. As mine is a cabrio and I put the roof down all the time (today for example!) I don't feel the need to change out the speakers etc as wind noise destroys any amazing sound quality and it is plenty loud enough at any speed. I will likely change the head unit for a newer pioneer with DAB and full on Android auto, but that's likely all I need!

Gary certainly knows his stuff, but that package isn't top of my list to spend £1400 on at the moment!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back