Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know a good garage in Poole/Bournemouth area?

Dogflaps

Hi all,

I'm new here but have had my 996 turbo about 5 years.

I need to find a good garage to do a service + suspension work + other bits and bobs. I've tried a couple of indie places and haven't been entirely satisfied.

Anyone know anywhere good? I keep thinking of resorting to the OPC but I feel pain at the thought of taking a 16 year old car to a main dealer!

Cheers

:welcome: to 911uk

We've got a lot of members in your neck of the woods so I'm sure you'll get plenty of useful responses.

:welcome: Dogflaps

Love the username :floor:

You need to Ask Phil...

Give it a week or two on here and you will know what I mean :grin:

Any :camera: of the car :dont know:

:thumb:

Dogflaps, for some reason that username made me think of my exwife :floor: :floor:

We are lucky enough to have an OPC trained mobile Porsche tech in our area , I use him for everything ,he is cheaper than the indies and has the knowledge of the OPC and can work at your home or work. I will PM you his details . :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil, he sounds like the sort of man I need!

Not many pics to hand but here you go...

Pn3ZGKY.jpg

Dogflaps said:
Cheers Phil, he sounds like the sort of man I need!

Not many pics to hand but here you go...

Pn3ZGKY.jpg

That looks like a lovely car, I will keep my eyes open for you locally, and hopefully will see you at one of the local meets, keep an eye on the meets section of the forum the guys in this area are quite active at meets and curries if your up for meeting and chatting all things Pork . :thumb: :thumb:

www.rsrporsche.com

Russ did his learnt his trade at AFN in the 70's and ended up on the Moby Dick race team, and Dave is a proper whizz. They're reasonably priced and I can't fault them :D

Welcome Dogflaps (love the username!)
I'm new too and B'mth based. I'll hopefully be along to the next local meet.
Phill's been great at advice, I'll be using his recommendation of the mobile guy for some work very shortly :thumb:

toddy2 said:
Welcome Dogflaps (love the username!)
I'm new too and B'mth based. I'll hopefully be along to the next local meet.
Phill's been great at advice, I'll be using his recommendation of the mobile guy for some work very shortly :thumb:

Thanks mate for those kind words :worship: catch up soon :thumb:

Only just joined the site so go easy.
Bought my 996 last May and Eddie at Silvertune in Christchurch has been brilliant.

Keverlar said:
Bought my 996 last May and Eddie at Silvertune in Christchurch has been brilliant.

Sivertune seemed knowledgeable and interested when I popped in there
Keverlar keep an eye on the meets section as the guys in our area are quite active with meets and curries etc. there are 5 members inc me only in Ferndown so round the corner from you :thumb:

crash7 said:
I used these guys for a PPI on a 996 Turbo a few years back, they were excellent, but as stated it was a little while ago.

http://www.jmgporsche.co.uk/

they did at one time have a good rep, less so in recent years. :nooo:

Phil 997 said:
Keverlar said:

Sivertune seemed knowledgeable and interested when I popped in there
Keverlar keep an eye on the meets section as the guys in our area are quite active with meets and curries etc. there are 5 members inc me only in Ferndown so round the corner from you :thumb:
Thanks Phil, will do. Love a good curry!

I'm also from the Bournemouth area, my car alternates between 9E (for majors) and the local OPC in Ferndown. Don't write them off, prices are very competitive considering its a main dealer and they quoted cheaper for a major service than JMG (also in ferndown).

You also get a nice courtesy car and Porsche club discount :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back