Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery and Bluetooth questions

911_AS

I keep my car garaged, as it's a weekend toy. However, with a new born baby, it doesn't get driven as much as I'd like (at the moment!) as the wife's Ford Focus is our daily driver.

On my previous 997, if I didn't drive it for a couple of weeks, the Key Remote button would NOT unlock the door as the car would go into 'Sleep' mode after 'X' days. I would have to insert the Key into the door to unlock it, then quickly into the ignition to disarm the immobiliser / alarm.

Question 1 - how long does it take before the 991 enters 'Sleep' mode? As there is no Lock slot on the 991 door handle, how would I physically unlock the car, IF the button on the key does not work as expected?

Question 2- I stream Spotify audio via my iPhone 8 Plus, which works very well. However, I cannot change the Tracks from the steering column stalk: the Tracks can only be changed by pressing the button beneath the PCM screen, which is a major First World Problem. Is there a way around this, as I'd quite like to control the Track Changes via the stalk on the steering wheel column?

Thanks in advance all.

I am a keen road bike rider so my car can sometimes go for weeks without much use. When that occurs I've noticed with comfort access that the ability to wave over the bonnet to pop the lid and unlock the car by grabbing a handle gets deactivated after a few days. So I have to use the remote to unlock the car. I've not got to the point of having to physically use a key yet!

Never realised you could change tracks via the stalk!

I've left mine for 4 weeks and had no problem unlocking or starting the car. I think I've read something in the manual about getting in if the key doesn't work.
I guess the 'key' is to not leave the manual in the car :D

No idea about changing tracks with the stalk I'm afraid

911_AS said:
On my previous 997, if I didn't drive it for a couple of weeks, the Key Remote button would NOT unlock the door as the car would go into 'Sleep' mode after 'X' days. I would have to insert the Key into the door to unlock it, then quickly into the ignition to disarm the immobiliser / alarm.

Thanks in advance all.

Regarding sleep mode - by simply lifting the driver door handle and releasing it the system returns back from sleep mode. You should then be able to open the door in the usual way, ie with remote button on fob. No need for key inserts or trying to beat your personal best to prevent alarm activation.

pzero said:
911_AS said:

Thanks in advance all.

Regarding sleep mode - by simply lifting the driver door handle and releasing it the system returns back from sleep mode. You should then be able to open the door in the usual way, ie with remote button on fob. No need for key inserts or trying to beat your personal best to prevent alarm activation.

HAHA!! Thanks PZero. :thumb:

I thought it was the same as tha Panameras .. key lock is under the door handle .. key is in the fob .

If the battery is flat then thats how you get into the car .

Attachments

• key_341.jpg
    key_341.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 3,401
Demort said:
I thought it was the same as tha Panameras .. key lock is under the door handle .. key is in the fob .

If the battery is flat then thats how you get into the car .

Tip of the Day! :thumb:

Thank you Demort.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back