Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Short shift kit observation

AlanPM

So I decided my C4S needed the short shift kit treatment so got the kit below

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281197823074

My mechanic fitted it and as he said by phone, it's great tight and positive!.

Terrific I thought but after I got the car back I noticed the lever was pointing over to the passenger side when in neutral, in fact all gears were positioned left of central with only 5th and 6th just right of centre.

Anyhow on inspecting the lever it does have a bend over to the left from the fulcrum point.

Here's the question, is it just a matter of undiing the fulcrum bolt and turning the lever 180 degrees and re inserting the fulcrum?

I don't see why this shouldn't be the case, I am just after some experienced input.

Thanks, Alan

I`m certainly no expert, but I just found this on google, I always thought the lever was straight :?:

I know it`s from a 997, but we can use the 997 GT3 ssk on 996`s

Q4BsrMM.jpg

Yes, with the eBay SSK you need to undo the bolt and swap the lever around, most of the adverts mention this but your one just alludes to the fact that it fits both L & R hand drive cars.

Thanks chaps, that's all the confirmation I need :thumb:

Yep, they come set for LHD.

Bit of a pain if you have it all fitted as you probably have to take the trim all off etc in order to get to the bottom of the leaver to pop it off the mechanism.

Whilst you are in there, i would strongly recommend replacing the nut each side of the pivot arm with nyloc ones. I found the standard non locking nuts they come with had a tenancy to work loose, even after using thread lock.

You can swap it round in situ....just make sure you lock the ball ens in the cable socket......and don't drop the nut, bolt or washer from the middle of it.

Hi guys, thanks so much, I passed this on to the mechanic who did the necessary exactly as you indicated.
On a different note I just improved the view from the lounge window by extending the drive round so I can park the Porsche there, perfect view !

Attachments

• 8d4c229d_1022_4e11_9fdc_f77f4e693e16_192.jpeg
    8d4c229d_1022_4e11_9fdc_f77f4e693e16_192.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,995

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back