Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo clutch is toast any recommendations?

FerrisAU

Clutch on my 996tt is starting to slip so looks like I need a new clutch but as it's running near to 600bhp I think its due an upgrade any recommendations? I've heard good things about the Sachs 890nm anyone had any experience? If so Where's best place to buy?

Drop 996ttalot a message, he's a dealer and I'm sure will be happy to advise.

I went standard but not much use to you.

Sachs 890 is very good and strong, worth checking the condition of the dual mass flywheel and any play.
Pedal feels a little odd at first with the 890, but you soon get used to it and can feel its much stronger.

Had mine done at dove house - was the cheapest anywhere by far.

....don't fit the std clutch unit back in. Go for the Sachs upgraded one(inc bearing) that goes to 700bhp(not the next one up or your left leg will hurt)

If the crank seal is bone dry when the clutch is off i'd not be tempted to change it.

Budget 1.5k -2k as some bits may need replaced during stripdown.

I'm looking for parts too, CP4Less seems cheapest so far, with their weekend discount code. I'll be interested to hear of anywhere else to look.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back