Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

27 K on Rears - Good Or Bad

Jam911

I think I need to change my rear tyres.

One seems to have a slow leak.

I have done 27k on them, is that good bad or average?

Bridgestone on C4S

Thanks

27k :eek:

That's massively above average for rears.

You must do a lot of motorway miles. :dont know:

have you missed the 'm' off the end of the k?

WTF? 27k miles on rears :eek:

Personally I would be ashamed ,thought about buying a Prius? :thumb:

That is terrible. I would get the car checked over to see if there is a problem with the engine.

MC

I think he has a faulty odometer.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The pedal on the right is the accelerator :thumb:

Joking aside, that is the longest/highest mileage I have heard of since becoming a 911 owner. I get 6k from the rears, changed at 3mm though.

Great.

I may have looked at the wrong receipt for when I last changed them so it could be less...

Sorry to ask but have you looked at the inside 20% ? My C2 had perfectly good 4mm outer edges...the insides however looked like Egyptian mummy skin they were that bauld! Maybe the air is going out of the weave.

27k is miraculous. What is the 4 digit date code on them?

:eek: not sure I could get 15k miles driving in a straight line in 6th gear at a constant 40mph, but 27k WOW are you related to Miss Daisy :grin: :grin:

G2 said:
Sorry to ask but have you looked at the inside 20% ? My C2 had perfectly good 4mm outer edges...the insides however looked like Egyptian mummy skin they were that bauld! Maybe the air is going out of the weave.

27k is miraculous. What is the 4 digit date code on them?

Might i humbly suggest getting a geometry check done , you are either driveing the car very hard or the geo is out i feel :)

Cheers Demort...It was 13 years ago on a 1 year old car. I did 20k in the first year including lots of track and germany miles... I've Learnt to look after them since then :grin:

G2 said:
Cheers Demort...It was 13 years ago on a 1 year old car. I did 20k in the first year including lots of track and germany miles... I've Learnt to look after them since then :grin:

Aghh okies ..

I do often see similar and its usually the geometry is out and needs adjusting hence my reply :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back