Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ASDA for Porsche tyres!

Forrester

I've just got two new Michelin PS4 on the rears @ 19800 miles. Bought them via ASDA (that well known up market Porsche brand) at 11am Wednesday. Took the car in to my appointment at 2:00pm today (Thursday). Left 1/2 hour later with my new tyres perfectly installed.

Somewhat surprised and pleased with the whole business (though I do know the garage where they were fitted - it's my usual MOT/welding place, not any old outfit). Also, they were about £200 cheaper (for the pair) than my usual tyre supplier.

The tyres do seem a bit quieter that the PZeros, though that might well be due to them being new and not 4 years old and all that. Definitely a better experience going round bends, though - the PZeros were down to the wear bars.

Still got 3.5mm left on the fronts, so I'll give them another year or so, I think.

New tyres always feel better - there is no subsitutue for extra rubber! :lol:

Not sure I'd really want to drive around with P Zeros on one end and PS4's on the other though? I'm probably hyper conservaiteve, but if I can change all 4 at the same time I like to and definitely not keen on mixing brands even F to R.
:?:

BTW - presume you are the Forrester from M3Torque? Seems like they are few of us over here now (I used to have a CSL then 2 e92's).

I found Asda to be the cheapest when replacing my 2 fronts last year so I contacted my local Porsche centre and they price matched including fitting.

Its certainly nice to beat down the OPC to ASDA prices! Not really an option for me though - I'm 60 miles away from my nearest one.

weejimmy: no not an M3 Forrester at all - I've just got a Defender 110 with a couple of chainsaws chucked in the back.

I replaced my rear P-Zeros recently, via TopCashback.

ATS were cheapest by a reasonable margin over even Blackcircles. The job was done well, but I did insist on inspecting the new tyres first and watching the fitting process closely. The guy who served me said that both Blackcircles and ATS were owned by Michelin.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back