Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual 997 Turbo for Sale - How Much????

That's nothing compared to the OPC one which has done 90 miles :eek:

:nooo:

Martian said:
On a side note, why do so many garages list in their sales patter many items/features that are standard equipment? :?

To cater for the uninitiated looking for an investment?

Lovely car that. I try to keep the mileage on mine low but on a nice day I simply can't help myself. I have to go out for a spin. It's like trying to walk past a football in an empty gym hall. You simply have to drill that ball into the empty net!!
I can only surmise that previous owners of cars like this are loaded and have several 'investment' cars in a lock up. It would drive me nuts having that in my garage and not being able to drive it.

Low Mileage / High Price

I'm loving that football analogy :lol:

I'm starting to think my new car is an investment with a capital 'I' but it won't stop me driving it, even if its just a very fast school run :drive:

It says it is VAT Q so presumably there is another 20% to go on top of the price! An interesting one though. Not sure how a private owner / collector could justify reclaiming VAT on a car like this. However if anyone knows the secret feel free to share :D

Be nice to know the reg. to see the MOT history...

I know we say 'investors car' but it is a fairly poor investment really? Cost to buy new would have been more or less its listed price (a guess). Cost to store, service, MOT, insure. The dealer will be making a few quid on the sale price. Also assuming a buyer comes along willing to part with that sort of cash. The owner has had no use out of it, so no life enhancing happiness acquired. In my eyes that is a really bad investment.

Unless this is just one of many toys which was never a favourite so rarely got used and the owner is so disgustingly wealthy they never found time to sell it.

911tom said:
It says it is VAT Q so presumably there is another 20% to go on top of the price! An interesting one though. Not sure how a private owner / collector could justify reclaiming VAT on a car like this. However if anyone knows the secret feel free to share :D

Be nice to know the reg. to see the MOT history...

I know we say 'investors car' but it is a fairly poor investment really? Cost to buy new would have been more or less its listed price (a guess). Cost to store, service, MOT, insure. The dealer will be making a few quid on the sale price. Also assuming a buyer comes along willing to part with that sort of cash. The owner has had no use out of it, so no life enhancing happiness acquired. In my eyes that is a really bad investment.

Unless this is just one of many toys which was never a favourite so rarely got used and the owner is so disgustingly wealthy they never found time to sell it.

Agree with this. And unfortunately the last sentence is probably correct too.

Hi All

Where do all the dealers find these mega low mileage cars from :?:
When I was looking for one it was only the dealers who had the mega low mileage car up for sale.

But as we can see they are putting 10k,20k of 30k on the the price.
I cant believe someone could own a turbo and not drive it at all.

I wonder if anyone has sold one of these cars that are up for the 70k 80k 90k or 100k that we are seeing now.

If your going to ask that price then at least clean the mats, the drivers side has mud or dirt on !!

Thats mental. Same year as mine and mines just flipped over 90,000 miles now.

I guess for that 90mile car, nearly all that mileage would probably be just to and from the MOT centre or when the mechanic drives the car in/out for its service. Must be really strange owning a car which mechanics have driven more than you have.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back