Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 X-Pipe 200 Cell Cat's. How easy to fit

APL911

Hi all

I am planning my next tranche of work on my 996.

Next month I would like to change the wheels, and fit new cats.

9E have already changed the silencers and fitted new bolts and fixings between the old cats and manifolds. (this should make changing the fixings easy hopefully)

My question is how tricky is it to change the cats? Can it be done without removing the rear bumper?

In theory it looks quite easy (just remove the old fixings, remove the lambda sensors and re-fit new.

Am I being naà¯ve?

Any advice or info would be appreciated as always. :thumb:

Pretty easy job if you take your time.

Given 9e have had them off already, and replaced with new fixings, you should be fine. I'd still soak in a penetrating oil overnight just to make sure.

I would also plan to replace the lambda sensors, these are an absolute nightmare to remove. I gave up when replacing the exhaust on my turbo and purchased new ones.

The only issue maybe be , the flanges to exhaust manifolds ,but as said tak your time and east DIY job , happy help if your close to me :thumbs:

Thanks chaps

By biggest concern is if I need to remove the rear bumper?...

When i done mine i did , and the heat shields that sit over the cats and rear bumper to gain better access ,

Yes you do

But if you are capable of doing the CATs, you are more then capable of removing the rear PU. Really very very simple job

Yes just had a look, pretty straight forward actually.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back