Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OB Port Tweaks - Possible ?

Jake911

Hi Guys,

Previously I have used VAG-COM to unlock various features on my Golf R such as Alarm Chirps lock/unlock and various other nice to have features that were unticked at the factory.

My question is 'does the 997 have any cool features' and if so what are they?
I would like to have the alarm chirps enabled if possible as I am so used to hearing the confirmatory lock; ensuring no jamming devices are between me and the car. I would also like full closure from the car key also.

If this is possible then please share what tips & tricks you have uncovered and whether a Durametric was required :thumb:

Jake there are a few things, bits like you mention and auto close windows from the fob etc etc . there was a thread on it earlier on in the year. I am sure others can highlight some of the cars hidden tweaks , you need a piwis or durametric to enable some of them

Phil 997 said:
Jake there are a few things, bits like you mention and auto close windows from the fob etc etc . there was a thread on it earlier on in the year. I am sure others can highlight some of the cars hidden tweaks , you need a piwis or durametric to enable some of them

Thanks Phil

I have been searching high and low for info on this therefore anyone pointers will be greatly received. Here is a useful link that I stumbled upon; might be of use to some?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v_-yKZTp0pwhEyyIpuiQo3xaI/edit#gid=1690443213

Thx

The alarm " chirps " are there to tell you there is a fault on the system , not to tell you the car is locked .

Things like single or all door lock unlocks can be coded , mirror drops either single or both .. there are a number of actual things that can be altered but the link you have covers all of it .

A good tester is required , Durametric does most of them .. Piwis does them all but to be honest .. most of the normal functions are already enabled and theres nothing i would call special thats not .

Demort said:
The alarm " chirps " are there to tell you there is a fault on the system , not to tell you the car is locked .

Things like single or all door lock unlocks can be coded , mirror drops either single or both .. there are a number of actual things that can be altered but the link you have covers all of it .

A good tester is required , Durametric does most of them .. Piwis does them all but to be honest .. most of the normal functions are already enabled and theres nothing i would call special thats not .

That is really useful and thank you.
I was keen to ensure that all the 'goodies' were enabled as VW had a significant amount disabled. Appreciate your post
:thumb:

Sorry i forgot to add my usual warning ..

When codeing then only alter one bit at a time then see what it does ..

Some of the codeing may well say one thing but actually alter something else .. trust me .. been there and done that !

Key functions is the only thing i can think of that might be usefull .. ie lock on ign on , lock when drive off or not at all ..

Either way just be carefull when messing with codeing .. make a note of the values before you alter them .

The newer the car and the more important this is .. you can break a 991 if you mess with the codeing !

A quick question....., on the 997.1 is it possible to code the car so that if the Windows are down and when getting out the car to lock the doors to have the Windows automatically go up by themselves??

Cheers

J

Hiya Jimi, I have not done this but apparently it is possible with the Durametric Pro - have a scan at the vid below mate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aLqbXzUN-I

and also at this as well, again from it am not sure if it will just enabling the selection highlighted or some others:

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/ele...ic-tutorial-part-2-3a-advanced-functions.html

Hope this helps mate

-- 997 -- said:
A quick question....., on the 997.1 is it possible to code the car so that if the Windows are down and when getting out the car to lock the doors to have the Windows automatically go up by themselves??

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Be interested to see the response/outcome of this. Having parked up the other day I exited the car with the sunroof on tilt, like a N00B I had to re-enter the car - key in the ignition and close the roof.

Thats comfort closeing , you press and hold the key lock button and it will close roof / windows .. same for unlock.

It cant be done on lock as that would be a safety issue .. you have to press and hold the key button .

We used to code it off on a lot of cars as the buttons had a short key press time and when in peoples pockets it could open the car / windows .

Plus we had complaints of people coming back to their cars and finding the windows open .. either way we coded it off .

These days there is a code option for a longer key press so you would code that ( 1100 ms ) and code on comfort close / open

You can have only comfort close if you wish.

Indy or OPC should be able to do this so perhaps ask the next time your in your local garage .

Not sure on a 997 but try holding the key in the door lock in the lock / open position and see if windows work .. cant say ive ever tryed it other than on a 996 though so no idea if it will work.

Demort said:
Thats comfort closeing , you press and hold the key lock button and it will close roof / windows .. same for unlock.

It cant be done on lock as that would be a safety issue .. you have to press and hold the key button .

We used to code it off on a lot of cars as the buttons had a short key press time and when in peoples pockets it could open the car / windows .

Plus we had complaints of people coming back to their cars and finding the windows open .. either way we coded it off .

These days there is a code option for a longer key press so you would code that ( 1100 ms ) and code on comfort close / open

You can have only comfort close if you wish.

Indy or OPC should be able to do this so perhaps ask the next time your in your local garage .

Not sure on a 997 but try holding the key in the door lock in the lock / open position and see if windows work .. cant say ive ever tryed it other than on a 996 though so no idea if it will work.

Appreciated.....
I am building a list for when my beastie goes in for a service.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back