Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dilemma

Jcx

Estoril
Come on then... what to do? Tell, and potentially kill the pleasure for a new owner, or keep quiet and leave them in happy state of new ownership.

I suspect that a car may have a dubious mileage history which may mean it has been adjusted which may mean that someday a porsche garage will find out if all of the ones and zeros don't tally after running their checks on the data and this in turn may make the car hard to sell in future.

I don't personally know the new owner but I do know who bought the car. If any adjustment did occur it appears to have happened around 2 years ago so I'm not suggesting that any recent vendor is guilty of any fraud.

What to do? Tell. Forget it.

Personally, if I was pretty sure, I'd tell them of my suspicions.

If they already knew and had factored in that knowledge as part of the purchase price then no harm done but they may not be aware and might have a chance to go back to the seller and discuss the matter with them.

You only 'suspect' at this stage and don't know for certain so this could be your option to suggest whether they (new owner) are satisfied with the mileage figures having done some due diligence?

I'm not sure that data logging can indicate whether a car has been clocked as it's more to do with hours run and rev ranges :dont know: Unless you had a car with 100k given a 'haircut' to say 10k then you could say the data doesn't tally and would need further investigation.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back