Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Breaking 996 4s on ebay

Messaged re the headlights but just searched other items and think it wants £1400 each side..
Think I'll give that a swerve :eek:

I saw this on Ebay also... I thought the same... It looks like a mint low mileage C4s :dont know:

Sill on the right side looks like it has been crushed in, so maybe taken a whack at some point.

Someone then has done the maths and concluded that the cost to repair is more than the car would be worth, so off to the breakers. Sad really on such a low mileage motor.

given that thy want £19.99 with £20 postage for a single wheel nut (I assume they mean bolt) I would not even both asking for prices on other stuff.

MC

Judging from the price of the parts in their E-Bay shop it looks like they're in no hurry to sell.

It all seems a bit expensive :eh!:

It's listed as cat B so thats why it's being broken. Prices are steep though!

MisterCorn said:
given that thy want £19.99 with £20 postage for a single wheel nut (I assume they mean bolt) I would not even both asking for prices on other stuff.

MC

the "single wheel nut" thing is an ebay tactic to advertise they are breaking a car - buyers get in touch with what they want and then they don't have to list every little bit and save ebay fees.

FYI,

Cat b so has to be crushed

Category A (unchanged)

Scrap only. For cars so badly damaged they should be crushed and never re-appear on the road. Even salvageable parts must be destroyed.

Category B (unchanged)

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

Category S (formerly Category C)

The new Category S means the vehicle has suffered structural damage. This could include a bent or twisted chassis, or a crumple zone that has collapsed in a crash.

Category S damage is more than just cosmetic, therefore, and the vehicle will need to be professionally repaired. Also, it won't be safe to drive until then.

Read more

Category N (formerly Category D)

Vehicles graded accordingly haven't sustained structural damage, so the issue may be cosmetic, or a problem with the electrics that isn't economical to repair.

Don't assume such vehicles are drivable, however; non-structural faults may include brakes, steering or other safety-related parts.

I've met the seller, bought some GTR parts off him and went to his place in Shrewsbury. He's a very decent chap, quite young too. I would give him a call and negotiate first before writing him off, he sold me some cracking parts too. Certainly a lot better than some breakers I've been too, I'd easily buy from him again.

I enquired regarding the headlights and he wanted £1,350 each :eek:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back