Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 14
997 : 2004- 73
996 : 1997-2005 49
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 6
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 13
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 4
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Chazd
Newbie


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: 911 Carrera 4 or 4S Cab..?! Reply with quote

Planning for the future which i may pish forward quicker than The OH would like...

Budget is approx £60/70k and am looking at a 911 Cab.

Have seen some 12 plates but also some 14/15 plates but these are 4 not 4S. One in particular is heavily specced.

Questions is would there be regrets not going for the S?

Currently she drives a 400 plus BHP Audi S5 Cab....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
RB79
Newbie


Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 32



PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a 4 cab before buying my first C2S. There are a fair few mechanical differences between S and non S including Torque Vectoring and a Differenetial as well as brakes (I think) as well as increase power and torque. I definitely think the S is worth the extra money and I’ve heard are much easier to sell on.

I recently got a 4S (not cab) and love the wider stance / rear light bar and it definitely feels planted in th recent weather but the C2S is a great car - maybe be worth looking for a C2S cab (do you need 4wd)? I don’t think you will get a decent 4S cab for £70k at current prices from what I have seen.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Chazd
Newbie


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
I looked at a 4 cab before buying my first C2S. There are a fair few mechanical differences between S and non S including Torque Vectoring and a Differenetial as well as brakes (I think) as well as increase power and torque. I definitely think the S is worth the extra money and I’ve heard are much easier to sell on.

I recently got a 4S (not cab) and love the wider stance / rear light bar and it definitely feels planted in th recent weather but the C2S is a great car - maybe be worth looking for a C2S cab (do you need 4wd)? I don’t think you will get a decent 4S cab for £70k at current prices from what I have seen.


Hi thanks for the response. It would seem the 4S is a more desirable car and would be worth the additional expenditure or losing a few age years. They seem to be holding their value very well!

My searches reveal two 4S under £70k all 911. Ideally want 4wd as the wife is used to quattro
 



DFF48A4F-7EF0-4760-8861-DAEA3ABBC682.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  937.39 KB
 Viewed:  1412 Time(s)

DFF48A4F-7EF0-4760-8861-DAEA3ABBC682.png


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 13859
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chazd wrote:


It would seem the 4S is a more desirable car and would be worth the additional expenditure or losing a few age years. They seem to be holding their value very well!



Yeah

C2 or C4, Coupe or Cab', it seems that the extra premium for an 'S' car is a very healthy %.

What I had hoped to pay for a 6 year old C4S in 2018 wouldn't actually get me in a C2. Sad
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Paul Ricard


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 3429
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 911 Carrera 4 or 4S Cab..?! Reply with quote

Chazd wrote:
Planning for the future which i may pish forward quicker than The OH would like...

Budget is approx £60/70k and am looking at a 911 Cab.

Have seen some 12 plates but also some 14/15 plates but these are 4 not 4S. One in particular is heavily specced.

Questions is would there be regrets not going for the S?

Currently she drives a 400 plus BHP Audi S5 Cab....


I doubt it and the 4's have rarity value.
_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

997.2 Carrera 4S PDK (Herman white)
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum