Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in my old Boxster

hornet

Just bought back my old 986 boxster from my mate who I sold it to 3.5 years ago. I originally bought it from Hartech after an enging rebuild but after 18 mothst thought I might need the funds for another project. This didnt happen in the end so have been looking for a cheapish Boxster for some time and when he said he was selling it the other day - well I couldnt resist.

Its a 03 986 manual with 36,000 on the clock and in really nice condition. Due to various factors it will be taxed and insured from 1st Jan so a nice New Year present for myself.

Other than being due a service it needs for nothing so heres hoping that January weather is not too bad.

Attachments

• img_0470_118.jpg
    img_0470_118.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,778
Boxster

Very nice looking 986. I really think Boxsters are where the value Porsches are just now. Very affordable compared to a rotten old air cooled 911 that costs a fortune and then needs a fortune spent on it!

I had a 996 before the boxster which I loved but looking back having driven both I think the Boxster just edges it for me. A little bit more civilised maybe but every bit as fun.

Does look a pearler, hated them at the time, find myself having a soft spot for them now.

As a life long Lotus fan I was always a bit down on Porsche's. The wife wanted a Boxster though and we got an 03 986S in 2010, it really turned me on to P cars.

Still love driving it and with only 25k on the clock its in fine fettle.

Your new (old!) car looks lovely.

Enjoy :)

Fred

Cheers guys - cant wait till the 1st Jan. Already planned 3 Euro trips which hopefully I can do in the next 12 -18 months.

14 years on Porsche .. seen , worked and driven most .. the Boxster is still my favourite .

Money no object .. i would buy a Boxster .

Although the 981 is the best looking :D

That's interesting to hear Demort especially with your experience of Porsches. Since I picked it up on the 1st Jan I've totally falling in love with driving it again so much so that I've decided to do the North Coast 500 in it later in the year which will be a good 2000 mile trip.

My first Porsche was a 1998 2.5 manual in silver.
Bought for £36k IIRC :eek: in 2001 from OPC Hatfield.

Loved that car . A new driver t boned me , and it was in repairers for months.
But it came back in mint condition with new style 's" wheels and new dash parts, and three spoke airbag wheel... :thumb:

204 bhp was enough fun most of the time for London roads

Only sold as daughter came along , so traded for a new'ish Cayenne S in 2004

Enjoy :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back