Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sell my 997???

Gareth81

So....I bought a 997.2 C2s with low miles about 15 months ago knowing we had a baby on the way. It's been a fantastic car but it's been a real struggle getting the baby seat in the back. So much so I am thinking about letting it go. Two replacement choices being a new RS3 or Macan GTS.

Another problem is the car does not have rear or front isofix and doesn't have a way of switching the airbag off.

I guess I'm looking for words of persuasion to keep or a solution!
Someone must of been in my position??

I had the front isofix retro fitted and it works a treat. Plenty of child seats that fit in the rear when they get bigger. Decent folding pushchair and you can get everything you need in.

The maintenance plan on a child is much higher than the 911. Sell the child and you'll have many years of driving paid for by ousting the leech. :thumb:

FZP said:
The maintenance plan on a child is much higher than the 911. Sell the child and you'll have many years of driving paid for by ousting the leech. :thumb:

Ha ha, very good.

We've got a Macan GTS and love it! Definitely the daily practical. Certainly not as quick or sporty as a 911 but it did surprise me with remarkably good handling. And it ain't what you'd call slow either.
An RS3 would murder it in performance terms but hardly any bigger than a 911.... choices, choices :?:

Martian said:
I have a child seat in the rear of mine for when my nephews (ages 5&6) come along for a ride. No issues whatsoever.

Is yours a Porsche baby seat?
My daughter is 1 and went in a front facing from yesterday....I think it's going to be too wide for the Porsche.....fine enough in my Merc ML but we need to be able to use in both cars.

Test drove the RS3...it's blinding quick and well screwed together but feel far less special than my 911...

I'll test drive the Macan GTS in the new year.

Attachments

• img_1252_138.jpg
    img_1252_138.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 4,920
I have the same issues, a 2 & 4 yo and rarely use the car. I have a car seat in the back with no isofix and take the rear pad out. The airbag in the front is frustrating.

I did find a buggy that fits in the frunk so that works well. Tend to use my car to drive to the hairdressers every few weeks !

I have an A6 avant 3.0 diesel quattro which is much more practical.

Merry xmas

Leave the baby seat in the 911, and get another one for your other cars.

Solved our 'problem" with a 2012 Kia Sportage! The 911 can live in the garage and get polished and run on special occasions and the Kia can do the hard miles. I'm surprised you're struggling to find a forward facing child seat, rear facing ones are troublesome, but I understand that front facing are much more straightforward to fit.

318touring said:
Leave the baby seat in the 911, and get another one for your other cars.

Simple suggestions are always the best ones :thumb:

For newborn/infant it's tricky.

You definitely need one baby seat per car.

I got my 911 when the kids were 5&7, with the type2/3 forward facing Porsche junior plus seats (£150 each from D911). The kids fitted in them best when their feet could reach the floor of the car and go under the front seats. These seats also convert to a booster.

I reckon you'd be better buying a family runaround and keep the 911 for trips without kids.

Baby food/teething Biscuits/nappy bags etc in your p&j?

I guess i'm a man and looking for any excuse for a new car and would be exciting to order a new shiny Macan GTS/Turbo.... :D

The holidays to research / cost up new baby seat / front iso fix / switch off air bag.....

I'd be interested to know about the airbag and isofix if you could share the
cost please.

Good luck and the new car seems sensible 8)

Gareth81 said:
I guess i'm a man and looking for any excuse for a new car and would be exciting to order a new shiny Macan GTS/Turbo.... :D

The holidays to research / cost up new baby seat / front iso fix / switch off air bag.....

2033AD.

''Dad, I can't believe you sold that beautiful 911 back then for a big ugly SUV. Imagine if you still had it in your garage now''

You have been warned :grin:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back