Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slow Puncture or Bad Seal?

Jam911

Albert Park
I am losing about 10 psi a week in my one of my rear tyres.

Any thought on the symptoms please?

I an not sure how to tell if it is a slow puncture or bad seal on an old wheel?

Thanks

Are you able to remove the wheel?

If so, lie it on the ground and squirt it with soapy water. Any leaks will be revealed immediately. Start on the sealed edges first.

Take it to a fast-fit tyre outlet and get them to check it. Sometimes it can be a faulty valve or a slow puncture, but 10psi loss a week is not exactly slow.

If it has a slow puncture that cannot be repaired then be prepared for a new tyre (or two) to match the axle.

Wet your tyre and look for the bubbles. Start with the valve, then your rim edges, then periphery. All pointless though cos whatever the fault, your only option is a repair......or at worst, new tyre.

Probably looking at 2 new rears I think.

Same thing happened last time I replaced them, picked up a slow puncture and had to replace both.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back