Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Break-in oil

911nuts

Hi, I'm looking for some advice, I've rebuilt a 993 engine and also installed a set of new, standard 3.6 piston and cylinder set.
Would Millers 10w40 CRO Competition Break In Oil be suitable to use?
If not, are there any other recommendations?
Thanks

dont know the CORRECT answer but when i had my 996 turbo motor built, 9e used just the normal oil as far as i know and changed again literally within the next few days and then again after another 500 miles or so and repeat to eusure all the solvents etc were gone???

yes thats what I have used, run it no more than 6 hours or 300 miles.

drive normally, building the revs progressively, but you need make the engine pull and load it, so the piston rings bed and bite on the bores or they will glaze and you will loose power and the benefit of the rebuild.

so don't be scared to make the engine work, just not at 7000 revs straight away.

Just interested why did you not go 3.8? I will when it comes up. As long as you bed in with dino oil I think it's ok save the synthetic or semi for later.
this is from someone who used to use Castrol R30 (not in the 993) wonderful stuff.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back