Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Custom dials with copyright logos

Nacho_mcm

Hi guys after putting my money on a some new gauge faces with D-Werx, and being completely scammed by him, I am now trying to find a new source that would make the new dials for me, but so far I have not been very lucky as the ones I have approach say that they cannot make gauge faces that include any copyright logos (Porsche, Carrera or Heuer)

I wanted to have a Rev Counter with Carrera written in the lower part and the Heuer clock face that D-Werx use to make and sell before scamming people.

Does anyone have any source for these?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• heuer_clock_964_510x510_526.jpg
    heuer_clock_964_510x510_526.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,481
+1 for Julian at Reap Automotive, used him and all good

You may get lucky but I doubt any reputable dealer will want to breach copyright laws and the risk associated with that for a set of guages...

DId you not google D-Werks beforehand?

If nobody will recreate the design due to copyright issues, have them make the face and then apply the Huer sticker to the face. Then have Julian install the clock face for you

kingston said:
DId you not google D-Werks beforehand?

Obviously I did, but that was before he started scamming money, by then he was taking its time, but was making the dials at the end. I believe I have been one of the first people having zero responses from him after paying and not getting any work done. That happened more than a year ago

This is not confined to dial logos. I enquired about caliper refurb earlier this year with Pro-Calipers and they stated they would not provide new Porsche logos ob the calipers after a refurb. Apparently a legal wrangle with Porsche a while back according to the gent I spoke with and Porsche barred them from supplying and fitting the logos.

I was told to source the logos from the internet and stick them on myself after they delivered the refurbed calipers. I declined their service. Yet confusingly I saw another post after my enquiry from a member who said he had new logos supplied with his refurbed calipers?

Not sure how you can sort out your gauges. But copyright and trademark infringement carries severe penalties to anyone risking this activity and large corporations vociferously litigate against infringers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back