Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne 2011 Hybrid battery concerns

tripleblackcayenne

HI All i own a 2011 hybrid cayenne with 31k on the clock... how can i figure out the life span or expectancy of the battery its self? porsche aren't being that helpful, other than telling me £8,000 plus labour wont be far wrong for a new battery, thats the last thing i want and need, does any one have any experience, stories or information or reliability that could offer some advice?

I love the car but because of the now 6 year old hybrid battery im wondering wether i should sell it and get a newer model.

thanks very much for your help.

Don't they undertake a battery conditon check when it's serviced? Wouldn't a battery be covered under OPC warranty as I wouldn't see the hybrid battery as a disposable item?

I'm not sure of hybrid battery life but when you consider Prius are used as taxis in some areas and can clock up 250k miles on the original battery I'd think they'd be quite robust.

Battery degradation is more easy to work out on pure electric.

Downside with hybrid and electric they fall out of bed value wise when they get to 5yrs+ as nobody wants to take the risk on a battery popping given the price of them :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back