Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie advice needed please

N1ckC

Hi all,
Just got my first Porker today, a 2007 1st Gen 911 997 Carrera 2S.
The car is perfect apart from no iPhone/usb/mp3 input.

I've been told a Dension 500s (?) unit will give me iPhone connectivity for audio but that the Bluetooth audio is not all that great?

If there is a solution out there that someone can tell me the make & model details of that will give me iPhone charging, iPhone connectivity for my music & bluetooth for phone I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick , there are a few options personally I used navtv products one for blue tooth and on for ipod etc.
but eventually the dated nav unit annoyed me and I upgraded to a double din head unit which is what most end up doing as the additions to the 2.1 are clunky at best.
it I were you I would fit a new double din head unit and get 2018 tech 3d maps phone ,speed cameras , car play or mirror link. and save the 2.1 to refit when you sell the car. :thumb:

Hi Phil,
Thanks for the details, do you have any make/model options as suggestions I should look at as possible swaps for the factory Porsche unit?

Thanks v much

N1ckC said:
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the details, do you have any make/model options as suggestions I should look at as possible swaps for the factory Porsche unit?

Thanks v much

Nick I posted some ideas on the new thread you started mate. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back