Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabriolet roof issue on key fob

shabs

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted on here for a while as I sold my previous Porsche...I am now looking at a few c2s convertibles (Gen 2).

The car I looked at today had an issue where the roof would open and close without issues using the switch inside the car.... but if the key fob was used to subsequently close the roof whilst stood outside, this would be hit and miss...ie would start to close the roof and then stop part way.

Any clues as to the problem would be much appreciated!! :thumb:

Maybe the cold weather ... I know it's a problem on 350 Zeds ... I haven't tried my 997.2 cab when it's cold so can't comment

Yes, possibly...but odd that it works every time on the internal switch.

I think you'll find that's pretty standard using the key fob.

Perhaps a regular occurrence ...but still, there must be a cause for this?
I am speaking to Caymanautos today in Dorking today who seem to be the convertible roof experts in the south...will report back.

Mine only did this (Gen 1) when the car battery was low/needed replacing. Take it for a good run, see if it continues, and get the battery checked at your local decent Kwik Fit/F1 Autos type place which you know knows what they are doing. I got a new battery, problem solved.....

If it has been sitting for a while, like it was for 2 weeks while I went on holiday about 3 weeks ago, then it did this first time I came to use it. Took it for a good run, also problem solved.....

Many thanks for the advice and exactly what I was informed to do... apparently old porsche batteries are not the strongest!

So looking forward to having my first ever cabriolet :D

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back