Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wheel and ET question - thinking of a new purchase

FRP

Mexico City
Guys, i need some input please on wheels and ET numbers vs. fitting

My wheel fettish is weill known !

I currently run 19 x 12 et53 at the rear and have 12 or 15mm spacers. things are very very tight in there at the moment re custom fenderwells and various items of pipe work etc

Now if purchased some 19 x 11 (note an inch smaller) but ET30, THEN what is the net effect? remove the spacers and i will be only 8mm closer to the outer wing if i have 15mm spacers and 11mm closer if i have 12mm spacers?

What is the net effect on the inner of the wheel as the wheel is an inch smaller in effect ?

Thinking of taking a real punt on some wheels but it is a total gamble on my part. They are three piece wheels but i know custom barrels will be expensive and tbh will not make it worth while

Any advice or expertese would be appreciated

Thanks FRP Faried

Forget what you have and go back to first principles. Stock is an 11j ET45, so at 11" the ET30 is equivalent to stock with a 15mm spacer. Google for people putting 15mm spacers on 996 Turbo rear wheels and it looks like your answer is that they should fit... :?:

Colin

Thanks, i must admit, i had not thought of that principle....good advice, appreicate it

Try willtheyfit.com, excellent explanation with pics :camera:

:thumb:

Thanks for the website,,,,very helpful

Might see if i can buy them and take a gamble!!! if the right price then all good

+1 and should fit ok

Less ET = wheel sticks out more
More ET = wheel sits in more

Do the wheels in question use same et all round or are fronts different? (Bear in mind the OEM front wheel et)

Good point Harv

Fronts are different ET and even more of a gamble but more options around what can be done re front wings, rolling arches etc

Its the rears that are the sticking point as minimal options on the inside of the wheel

I believe the stock TT front wheel is 8" X 50 et.

What are the specs on the front you are thinking of fitting?

8 x 19 et45

996.1 GT3 is an 8x18 ET 50 with a 5mm spacer so I can't see any problem with those for the front.

That's a perfect size, you may want a spacer :p

Of course we are now all intrigued to see what the wheels in question look like :?:

as requested,,,front wheel

Attachments

• ummm_407.png
    ummm_407.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 2,086
Back in a sec...
coffee_beans.gif

:santa:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members