Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trim Removal Tools

They're all much of a muchness. Get a pack that has the most amount of tool types as possible I'd say.

Those plastic sets are fine so as said the more the better but be wary they can still put marks in your leather parts when you lever against it. I always use another piece of thin plastic like a credit card behind the tool to save marking as leather marks don't come out without a lot of work.

I removed the dash horseshoe on mine without using any tools, starting at the top it came out easy, trickiest part was removing the cigarette lighter :thumb:

IMHO the best plastic type trim removal tools are made by Bojo, more expensive but better quality.

Similar thread last year

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112368&highlight=trim+removal

I bought the set Demort recommended have proved good quality and sturdy.
(edit that the link in Demorts post doesn't work any more!! but the set looks very much like the ones below in Poker2009 post the link to which does still exist!)

FYI. A peice of advice a tracker installation technician gave me once, was to take the car out and get it nice and warm inside - helps prevent the plastic clips/tabs snapping (especially this time of year)

FYI. A peice of advice a tracker installation technician gave me once, was to take the car out and get it nice and warm inside - helps prevent the plastic clips/tabs snapping (especially this time of year)[/quote]

What a great bit off info. Tuck that one away for another xay

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back