Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Running in new toy

cliffbase

Took my car in to the dealers yesterday for a sat nav update (very good) and whilst there spotted a new toy...

I was helpless, it was sitting right there in the showroom, looking all shiny & lovely. Perhaps i was a little spontaneous, but i know right there & then i had to have it - i didnt even haggle with the price.

So this morning, whilst its nice & quiet, i thought id give it its maiden run. Im going to be cautious to warm it up properly before hand.

Any advice on running in appreciated.

Anyway, here it is.

Attachments

• p_tea_138.jpg
    p_tea_138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,804
Lovely air cooled right hand model with the best spec :thumb: detailing should be by hand with snow foam and raceglaze to avoid the unsightly swirls that the machine washers leave on the clear coat.

Choice of aftermarket biscuit is key to its success....garibaldi for the high-brow collector or more functional hobnob for the weekend racer.

It's the only thing with a Porsche badge that gets away with that colour interior. :wink:

You should concentrate more on the cool down process rather than warm up, otherwise you could so some damage...

Hmm very tempted by one of these......not a fan of Carrara, do you know if I could option one with PTS?

There is a serious warning here, I can see very well why HSC911 thinks this is the cup version.

However, trading standards are already aware of some fake products flooding the market.

I can advise that the OP has well and truly mugged with this purchase.

:floor:

Cheers, Keith

It's not my cup of tea really....I prefer the C4S.... :grin:

I've had one a while.

I have had it chipped.

Attachments

• image_383.jpeg
    image_383.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,671
Unfortunately I had a similar model stolen from my office - never recovered :sad:

Hi Cliffbase - i have the exact same model; think you'll get excellent performance from it with a great capacity.

Osh

Make sure you wash it properly. You don't want "scoring" on the inside surface.

Here's a pic of mine, as you can see it is older and somewhat smaller than the OP's newer model.
To be honest I don't really use it that much, it's mostly tucked away in a warm dust proof box. It does get washed regularly enough though.
I use special coffee beans, the consistency is a little thicker than everyday brands.
Being special brings with it certain rituals, such as a certain lower leg apparel and air cooled footwear.

Are you going to get a Hartech inspection for scouring?

:roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back