Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed Yellow 997 C2S

Yas.SYC4S

Anyone know this car?
http://www.burevalleyclassics.co.uk/listings/porsche-911-997-3-8-carrera-2s-2/

I am looking to go view, as it fits the bill for what I am in the market for. Love Speed Yellow!

Its been maintained by Paragon for several years, and looks to be in great order. Any views on price, future values and anything to keep an eye out for, will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Yas

Nothing to add other than I agree, great colour and lovely looking 997 :thumbs:

Dont see PSE mentioned anywhere?

But other than that it looks lovely.

Priced well i think......nice to know the clutch has been done.

Only things to check are IMS and boroscope. Get your PPI booked!

Thanks guys, yes agree missing PSE & yellow belts to be complete, but these can be retrofitted. Spec & condition is perfect otherwise.
Yes, clutch changed and IMS inspected.. all good. Bore Scope carried out from previous owner with good condition of bores. Will deffo get a PPI if I go ahead.

Looks Lovely. qute surprissed the previous owner didnt do the IMS Upgrade while doing the clutch I WOULD certainly factor in 1k to do it asap for peace of mind as failure is sudden and catastrophic and a rebuild.

Spec looks good only bits I can see not there are sports seats , PSE, Bose , heated seats. but it does have sport chrono, sports steering wheel,sunroof delete which is great as its a rattly heavy old thing and the all important colour

Looks like a nice car at a fair price, see if you can haggle the IMS upgrade into the price.and then you just need a PPI with borescope from someone who knows how to read the signs correctly and your good to go. :thumb:

Looks lovely, seems strange that the original owner spec'd chrono but no PSE. Spend a few quid doing the IMS and get a gundo hack and you'll be the owner of a lovely 911!

Yas.SYC4S said:
Anyone know this car?
http://www.burevalleyclassics.co.uk/listings/porsche-911-997-3-8-carrera-2s-2/

I am looking to go view, as it fits the bill for what I am in the market for. Love Speed Yellow!

Its been maintained by Paragon for several years, and looks to be in great order. Any views on price, future values and anything to keep an eye out for, will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Yas

Nervy bought his Riv blue 997 from them recently. Worth a pm to find out his thoughts on the company perhaps?

Speed yellow :thumb: get it bought.

PSE was supposedly not available on the early cars. I ordered my 54 plate c2s new and very early in the run (August/sept I think).....could not have those wheels or the PSE, could have waited until they became available, but wanted my toy without waiting. Might be why it was not on this car.

I have a copy of the options book from 08/2004 and it states that PSE would not be available until 10/2004 at the earliest along with quite a lot of other options

Yellow belts would look nice! Pse can be added.

I'd change the wheels but other than that looks lovely! I love a 911 in a bold colour just wish I had the balls to buy one!

Get it bought.

Thanks guys, when buying 2nd hand you always find it difficult with preferred spec.. however this is almost perfect. Sun roof delete, manual, Speed yellow are the key ones for me... Gundo hack will be done :thumbs:

Regarding IMS, it was checked during clutch change by Paragon (who have serviced the car over 7 years). On my C4S I am on the original bearing with no issues, I think regular Oil changes and inspections is key.. if it was a bad bearing it would have failed by now IMO.

The car is for my sister, after driving my Speed Yellow C4S she has falling in love with Porsche and the colour. The garage will be bright, a pack of m&ms.

I will keep you guys updated, hopefully all checks out with PPI etc. Olie sounds like a nice guy, certainly knows his stuff and has a good track record.

When it comes to yellow Porsche's I am with YouTube's Nick Murray. Steer clear.

GARY S said:
When it comes to yellow Porsche's I am with YouTube's Nick Murray. Steer clear.

:dont know:

Does he prefer 'Mint' green :?:

:grin:

I agree HSC911, would expect him to like the more "pastel" shades.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back