Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Designtek Exhaust Gundo hack

APL911

Spa-Francorchamps
Hello.

I have recently had some designtek scilencers installed on my 996.2. My old scilencers were completely shot. 9excellence installed them and it looks a good job.

However, the sound they produce is horrible. It is a mixture between a blowing/ farting/ Vauxhall nova. It's truly nasty and I can't stand it.

I loved the pse I had on my brief ownership of the C4S. It was loud but creamy and smooth, so I don't mind a loud exhaust.

My thoughts would be to install 200cel cats and hope that changes the tone and opens it up a bit, or to have the Gundo hack done to the boxes.

Does anyone else have these scilencers? Any advice would be well received.

Thanks

Antony

Anthony , I think your on the right path with 200 cell cats try topgear in Bridport chat to Alex the sales director he will advise and tell him your a forum member and ask for 10% off the retail prices.

I would explain the note your getting and ask his advise to smooth and deepen the tone , exhaust note is a very personal thing and what sounds good to some doesnt to others. :thumb:

I've just ordered the Top Gear mild sport boxes and 200 cel cats, being fitted next Thursday, so I will give the forum an update as to the sound. I have std boxes with a 1.5" gundo hack, and I think they sound amazing. I'm a bit apprehensive as to the new sound I will have, and have everything crossed that the new combo will do the job. Am going to keep all the old stuff in case they sound horrible ( to me ), and get the boxes welded up.

I do!

Must admit they are a bit raspy but I like the sound mine make and others have commented that they sound awesome but then I suppose it depends what you are used to (PSE) and my C4S is my only experience of 911 ownership.

I do have a K&N Filter Induction Assy as well so not sure if that makes any difference at all :dont know:

I've just changed my Manifolds with the ones from Top Gear. Superb service and Alex is a top top guy (wish I had given him all the business).

I also put new Milltek silencers on. Due to the delay in delivery from the supplier I only had them fitted yesterday. First impressions are very good - deep and then banshee at the top but without the drone. Going for a drive now to get a better feel.

All the best

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back