Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Cascade Pro 7941 service/repair - where?

Dammit

Hi all, I've got an issue with radio reception - it used to be great, but recently it's degraded significantly.

The amplifier and antenna have both been checked - so it's likely to be the Becker itself.

Can anyone nominate (or, better, recommend) someone/somewhere that can service a Becker Radio?

I had a becker indianapolis where the aerial wire had partially detached from the socket on the back internally. The headunit had been moved between a few cars causing this.

It was very simple fix, I removed the lid from the headunit and resoldered the connection between the board and the socket.

Yours may be a similar problem.

It took me 20 minutes.... I would look at yours if you were local, but sadly corner shop TV repair guys don't exist anymore, and if they do they charge a mint for simple repairs.

If you can't get it fixed economically I would be interested in buying it off you faulty and assume the risk of a more complex repair.

Putnoe Radio Services Ltd
Putnoe House, 12 Clifton Avenue, Hartlepool TS26 9QN

01429 869220
Official Becker Repair Agents

Old school gentleman, partially retired, does a great job. Fixed my HU couple of years back.

Thanks chaps. Is there an easy way to check if the amplifier is borked, other than buying a new one and seeing if it works again?

I would:

1) try another headunit (you or a mate must have something knocking round)

if the radio is still rubbish you know the amplifier or wiring is likely duff.

then:

2) whip the a pillar trim off and clean up the ground and connections and check the wiring and connections at every end.

if still rubbish reception then:

3) replace the amplifier

If reception is still rubbish then I dunno, trade it in for a Hyundai or something.

Done 2, car is at Precision so can't do 1, asked them to do 3 and report back (~£155). If it fixes it, winner - if not then I'll pull the unit and get it sent off to the chap mentioned up thread (thanks for that).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back