Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Memory Seats...

Osh

Paul Ricard
Evening guys

How difficult is it to swap out the memory power seat control unit..?? How do you do this and is it a very complex job...??

Mine has packed up; new/replacement ones are around a grand – so thinking of buying a second hand unit for around £150 and fitting it myself.

Right now, when I open the door with either key, the seat will either slide all the way forward and the back will recline completely and the mirrors will turn out to full extension, or the seat will move a several inches forward and up with the other key. Either way it's a pain as the seat ends up in the wrong position....

I've tried resetting the memory settings at the side of the seat but no luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions...??

Osh

The module lives under the drivers seat. I swapped out my memory seats for 997 sport seat. These are not memory seats but I kept the module in place as I like the dipping mirror for parking. Works fine but does log faults as it can not see the seat sensors. Have you checked the codes on yours? Could be something else causing the issue.....

911tom said:
Have you checked the codes on yours? Could be something else causing the issue.....

Tom - how do you do that m8...??

Osh

T8 said:
Have you definitely followed the reset procedure. :?:

Have you had a new key recently?

See this thread (courtesy of GT4) for reminders/details.

=> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=84431&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=memory

Otherwise ....... :dont know:

Morning Tel

just read that and the reference to PIWIS; can that ONLY be done at OPC....?? If it can only hold 2 then, when i bought the new keys from OPC, one would have expected them to clear the old key details out.... :dont know: :dont know:

Osh

Osh said:
911tom said:
Have you checked the codes on yours? Could be something else causing the issue.....

Tom - how do you do that m8...??

Osh

Can be done with a durametric cable or Piwis.

Re coding keys when I had a new key coded at rpm they told me to bring the any other keys too otherwise they will be lost in the programming process...

Booked in at OPC Bristol tomorrow - one of the new keys is now dead; this is going to be replaced and the memory on the seats cleared down and reprogrammed. :thumbs:

Osh

Been in to OPC this morning, new key is sorted out but they have confirmed that the memory unit is buggered...

So gonna try and source one on eBay and then get it fitted.

Osh

As I said it lives under the drivers seat. Might just be a simple unplug and swap. I do not think it is overly technical or tide in with the alarm etc. Again mine is mostly all disconnected as it has not effected the alarm or keys etc. Also have a feeling FRP (Faried) had memory seats originally...

911tom said:
As I said it lives under the drivers seat. Might just be a simple unplug and swap. I do not think it is overly technical or tide in with the alarm etc. Again mine is mostly all disconnected as it has not effected the alarm or keys etc. Also have a feeling FRP (Faried) had memory seats originally...

Cheers Tom

i'll let you know how i get on - need to source the part first. Will probably do this in Q1 at some point..

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back