Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Updating PCM from 2.1 upwards.

Scubadiver

So the big day has arrived. The Cayenne Turbo I bought earlier this year has a PCM with a dead screen so I replaced it with a second hand unit from Ebay.

Everything works fine (I have the Bose system) except for the navigation so after much deliberation, Google research and help from Captain Lockheed and Demort I'm finally ready with the relevant TSBs and update discs to give it go updating my system as much as possible and to have a working SatNav.

My software status is currently as follows:

PCM
04035AD1
Yes
Yes

Navigation System
00001291 / 3505
Yes
Yes

System Software
03505AD1 / 5003
Yes
Yes

Amplifier
No
Yes

CD Changer
C32 / 2702
No
Yes

Phone
05034B54
No
Yes

According to TSB '9 7/04 PCM 2.1 and Bose Amplifier Spare Parts Requirements' my PCM software is at the base level 2.1 and firstly needs to be updated to 2.1A using disc 000 043 205 46 which as luck would have it came with a bunch of other discs when I bought the car.

Along with the first update there is also the need to either update via PIWIS or replace the Bose amplifier or risk the amp becoming inoperative. The software status on my amp doesn't match any on the TSB so I decided to go ahead and if the amp becomes bricked to buy another later from eBay.

So, with battery charger attached, discs and SIM card removed and heater in the car because it's supposed to take a while and it's freezing, I inserted the update disc and........... nothing. It's supposed to auto start the update, but absolutely nothing is happening. Looking at the (genuine original) disc it is indeed 000 043 205 46 but says it's an update disc for PCM 2.0 911 Boxster.

I take it that means that even if it has the right part number, these discs are model specific? I do have the next update disc 000 043 205 47 the 'Cayenne' written on it, but I guess I'm a bit stuck until I can locate a 'Cayenne' 000 043 205 46! :sad:

That looks like it might be exactly what I need, I'll email them now!

Many thanks!

I contacted them with the details and software version of mine and did get a quick response from them, but unfortunately not the one I was hoping for:

This level A Standard version, you need go to your dealer and ask them to update your software to level B (dealer price £60-70). Then we can update your software from level B to level C. (£39.99 software and map)

Still stuck at the beginning by the look of things!

So does anyone out there have a 000 043 205 46 update disc for a Cayenne by any chance? :dont know:

Thanks Calum, it seems like it will be fairly straightforward after I get over the first very tall hurdle!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back