Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windows freezing shut/open - boring post but advice needed

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys

Bit dull this one. Cab windows lower and rise as the door opens (think this is same with coupes as well). NOT good when frozen - they basically don't work. So while the door opens the window gets stuck and so cant close it.

Any advice? Thanks.

Cheers

Dan

I go out armed with warm water in a bottle, do the windscreens, move the wipers by hand and then splash a bit on both side windows.

Boom, nothing to stick when doors opened or wipers utilised = no costly repair bills.

OK cool - cheers, Old School but as they say, if it Aint broke, don't fix it. Thats what ill do tomorrow. Brass Monkeys outside.

Any ideas on 3 inches of Frozen snow on Cab roof - just leave it, drive and it will fall off????

Same with Herman White, the other morning they went into meltdown, up down like a tarts knickers, bit of lukewarm water and deicer, problem solved.

I always use hot water from the tap (not kettle).

You have to be quick though, slosh it on, pull door handle before it refreezes.

Likewise the windscreen, free up wipers, slosh on water then quickly wipe before it refreezes.....

I always brush snow off my roof, otherwise whoever is driving behind gets it in their face

Had this the last few mornings. Just shut the door quickly!! Not sure they like this cold weather, felt a little laboured starting this morning having been sat for a few days. I need to get the CTEK charger on the car at night, these Moll batteries definitely need some TLC

Technically by law, you should not drive with snow on your roof I believe.

Splosh the water down all the windows, works a treat, literally before you jump in obviously. Or you give things a chance to refreeze.

You can try using a silicon applicator (like a shoe shine) on the window and door rubbers to stop them freezing shut in the winter. If you drive a coupe with frameless windows in the winter, this becomes a necessity.

You can also try to do the petrol flap, to ensure it opens when you're at the Shell... (depending on the design).

Don't mean to hijack that thread however I've got a similar winter related question. For the first time over the past couple of days I've noticed the car fogging up on the inside about 5 to 10 mins into my journey. Car is always running with AC on, and temp inside the car wasn't crazy high. Car is garaged so not sure if it's just related to colder temps outside? Only started the past couple of days when it has been colder.

boardingnath997 said:
Don't mean to hijack that thread however I've got a similar winter related question. For the first time over the past couple of days I've noticed the car fogging up on the inside about 5 to 10 mins into my journey. Car is always running with AC on, and temp inside the car wasn't crazy high. Car is garaged so not sure if it's just related to colder temps outside? Only started the past couple of days when it has been colder.

Pretty sure on all VAG related products the AC doesn't effectively fucnction below 10 degrees C. Mine has been the same last few days.

Believe VAG was 4c if you'll allow me to geek out, I spent a lot of time on the R32oc and that was the consensus.

Must say, my Cayman is a fair bit foggier inside than the R32 was.

Unless I have mistaken your VAG for something else of course! :lol:

spongebob squarepants said:

Been using this for the last few weeks, just spray on your glass the night before and you won't get frost on the glass in the morning, its just like slush on your windows that wipes off easily with the wipers. Stops any rubbers sticking like doors or wipers so saves them getting damaged.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back