Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED 911 997 C2/C4S Grey

CharlieCirrus

Hi guys, I've been looking for the elusive car for two years now. I've looked at more than I can remember and sent a few for pre-buy. All the alerts on Piston Heads and Autotrader armed, but so far no joy or keep missing out. If you know of anyone willing to part with a car of the spec below. There's good money waiting for the right machine.

Must be: Gen 1 C2S or C4S manual in grey or black. Less than 60k miles.

Ideally: Later model 06-08, sport chrono; sports exhaust; sunroof; electric sports seats.

Budget is £25-£35k depending on age mileage and spec.

Worth a shot asking!

Definitely worth asking Charlie. There are always people weighing up their options and a keen buyer at the ready may assist any decision to sell.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...911-carrera-997/porsche-911-carrera-s/8115704

Looks good apart from the sports seats? Heated electric memory seats aren't bad though! I was surprised at the original post as I thought it'd be easy to find such a car within budget, but perhaps not as easy as I had thought...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...oupe-with-10k-of-optional-extras-2006/7625042

No sunroof...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif.../porsche-911-997--4s-3-8-pse--sat-nav/8082045

That's better... seems like the perfect spec from a good dealer but at a healthy price!

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. Thanks for the links Tom, the first two are sold already. Thats the problem with auto trader and Pistonheads, 75% of whats on there has gone, I don't know why they don't take their adverts down once they've sold, I've wasted a lot of time phoning round for cars that sold often weeks ago.

The last 4S with RSJ looks great, I may take a look at that, perfect spec!

It was more a call to the wild to see if any forum members had a similar car they may be persuaded to part with. I'd rather buy from an enthusiast private owner than a dealer.

I know of an ex RSJ car in that spec and some more probably coming up for sale in spring if you can wait.

CharlieCirrus said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. Thanks for the links Tom, the first two are sold already. Thats the problem with auto trader and Pistonheads, 75% of whats on there has gone, I don't know why they don't take their adverts down once they've sold, I've wasted a lot of time phoning round for cars that sold often weeks ago.

I had quite a bit of that when I was looking. Had to be pretty quick in the end and stick a deposit down.

Good luck with your search! Definitely go and see the RSJ one if you're close by!

Thanks Frenchmeister, I can wait till spring for sure and I trust your judgment after finding the red turbo in the other thread - good work.

I'd like the car by Summer 2018 as I'm getting married in Lake Como. The stag is driving to North Italy with five mates all with 911s. We'll take in some of Europes best roads working down the WW1 trench lines from ypres to Verdun, then across to Stuttgart to the Porsche Museum, over night in Baden Baden, down through the black forest into Switzerland to take the Gottard pass into Italy. The honey moon will be driving round Italy taking in Verona, Venice, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi coast using parts of the Mille Miglia route.

Because of this rather epic trip and the memories I hope we'll share together its got to be the right car. I'd love to find the right partner, keep it forever and pass it on to the next generation as my old man has done with his Series one E type drop head.

CharlieCirrus said:
Thanks Frenchmeister, I can wait till spring for sure and I trust your judgment after finding the red turbo in the other thread - good work.

I'd like the car by Summer 2018 as I'm getting married in Lake Como. The stag is driving to North Italy with five mates all with 911s. We'll take in some of Europes best roads working down the WW1 trench lines from ypres to Verdun, then across to Stuttgart to the Porsche Museum, over night in Baden Baden, down through the black forest into Switzerland to take the Gottard pass into Italy. The honey moon will be driving round Italy taking in Verona, Venice, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi coast using parts of the Mille Miglia route.

Because of this rather epic trip and the memories I hope we'll share together its got to be the right car. I'd love to find the right partner, keep it forever and pass it on to the next generation as my old man has done with his Series one E type drop head.

One word - epic. :worship: A outstanding plan that will bring some of the most brilliant memories. :thumbs:

You have a bit of time to get the best match and I'd definitely take Frenchmeister's offer.

997.1? Grey? C4S? A fine choice sir (but I would say that........)

Good luck with the search. :thumb:

997.1? Grey? C4S? A fine choice sir..... +1 :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back