Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 8
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 10
964 : 1989-1993 5
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: 996 stance?? Reply with quote

On US forum's I often see phrases such hellaflush, flush, outlaw and stanced.... Usually accompanied by some pictures of a very nice looking 996.... We don't do that kinda thing over here... Why not:?: Dont know
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 



26a5a821135c951a3b4d74fd6cfcf5c6---porsche-porsche-boxster.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.46 KB
 Viewed:  1188 Time(s)

26a5a821135c951a3b4d74fd6cfcf5c6---porsche-porsche-boxster.jpg



b4cac5deee14cce23cf2966ea69925e2--iron-stance-nation.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.9 KB
 Viewed:  1188 Time(s)

b4cac5deee14cce23cf2966ea69925e2--iron-stance-nation.jpg



11380116_1849852008574208_1907990557_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.04 KB
 Viewed:  1188 Time(s)

11380116_1849852008574208_1907990557_n.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
alex yates
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 11405
Location: 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why what? Post photos of slammed 996s? or slam 996s?
_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
alex yates
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 11405
Location: 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's both: infrasilver


_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
BChivs
Monza


Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 180



PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all look a bit chav in my opinion....especially the top one with the chrome wheels. I quite like stanced cars in certain scenes such as the VW classics, but not sure it suites Porsche’s. That said there are a couple of nice Caymans on Rotiforms I have seen lately tha5 look nice very low.
_________________
996C4S, manual, Polar Silver, Black Crested Leather with memory option, BOSE, factory PSE, sunroof delete, Rear Park assist, Litronics, Carbon interior Pack, Silver dials, RUF lowered.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911munKy
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 26 Nov 2014
Posts: 358



PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 996 stance?? Reply with quote

paul987 wrote:
On US forum's I often see phrases such hellaflush, flush, outlaw and stanced.... Usually accompanied by some pictures of a very nice looking 996.... We don't do that kinda thing over here... Why not:?: Dont know


Because we are British!

Why take a sports car and lower it so much that it is no longer fit for purpose?
Fine as an Object d'art but useless on the road.
_________________
2000 C2 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
LOJO
Österreich


Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Posts: 937
Location: Bucks


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British roads. Is why.... ;-(
_________________
996 C2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
APL911
Silverstone


Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 118



PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because we don’t marry our cousins.... (excluding Norfolk..)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Locosaki
Monza


Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 196
Location: Fife


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look ridiculous
_________________
Carrera 4 MY99 with full Hartech rebuild
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex yates wrote:
Why what? Post photos of slammed 996s? or slam 996s?


The whole culture of modified 996's not just slammed 996.. fat wheels body kit's, paint jobs etc...

I'm not saying if it's right or wrong... just asking a question why in this country do we think it's a bad thing Question
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
They all look a bit chav in my opinion....especially the top one with the chrome wheels. I quite like stanced cars in certain scenes such as the VW classics, but not sure it suites Porsche’s. That said there are a couple of nice Caymans on Rotiforms I have seen lately tha5 look nice very low.


That's the answer I expected Laughing
But why is it OK on a VW Question
The air cooled crew have a steady flow of back dating occurring...
Quite a few in the 997 sub forum do..
But not many 996's Dont know
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
alex yates
Shanghai
Shanghai


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 11405
Location: 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we went through the spoiler/body kit fad in the 80s when Halfords were churning them out for fun......and soon realised how cheesy they were. The final nail in the coffin was some ridiculous Jap imports. You know what yanks are like, never happy with the au naturale look:




_________________
2000 Manual 996 C4 Arctic Silver Convertible

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 996 stance?? Reply with quote

911munKy wrote:
paul987 wrote:
On US forum's I often see phrases such hellaflush, flush, outlaw and stanced.... Usually accompanied by some pictures of a very nice looking 996.... We don't do that kinda thing over here... Why not:?: Dont know


Because we are British!

Why take a sports car and lower it so much that it is no longer fit for purpose?
Fine as an Object d'art but useless on the road.


But they do it in most other countries too not just the US....
I mean heavily modified 996 not just the slammed part...
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red

Last edited by paul987 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOJO wrote:
British roads. Is why.... ;-(


That's a perfectly logical and practical answer Thumb
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex yates wrote:
I think we went through the spoiler/body kit fad in the 80s when Halfords were churning them out for fun......and soon realised how cheesy they were. The final nail in the coffin was some ridiculous Jap imports. You know what yanks are like, never happy with the au naturale look:



That's a logical answer too... But surely that happened in most other countries too Dont know
Ruf for instance... there's loads of ruf or ruf look a likes all over the world..
But not many here in the UK Dont know
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MisterCorn
Zolder


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 5395
Location: Nottingham, England

2004 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 996 stance?? Reply with quote

paul987 wrote:
911munKy wrote:
paul987 wrote:
On US forum's I often see phrases such hellaflush, flush, outlaw and stanced.... Usually accompanied by some pictures of a very nice looking 996.... We don't do that kinda thing over here... Why not:?: Dont know


Because we are British!

Why take a sports car and lower it so much that it is no longer fit for purpose?
Fine as an Object d'art but useless on the road.


But they do it in most other countries too not just the US....
I mean heavily modified 996 not just the slammed part...


There are a lot of seriously modified turbos around, the bodywork mods tend to be more subtle though. I am moding my C2 at the moment but it won't be extreme.
MC
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
HSC911
Paul Ricard


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 3287
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the look...

And I think that the 996 is the next VW

Look at how many people on here are from VeeDub or M3 backgrounds Dont know

I think it's cool anyway Cool

Check out Stance Works and there are loads there doing it

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
BChivs
Monza


Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 180



PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t get me wrong I love modding cars.....pretty much every car I’ve owned over the last 20 years has been non standard, and grew up in the car cruise era with nights in Southend...I just think the 996 is difficult to mod. 997’s look really good modified but the 996 in my own eyes looks better keeping it OEM. The 996 C4S is can be easily spoilt if running different wheels etc. To me certain cars can pull it off and the 996 is not one of them.
_________________
996C4S, manual, Polar Silver, Black Crested Leather with memory option, BOSE, factory PSE, sunroof delete, Rear Park assist, Litronics, Carbon interior Pack, Silver dials, RUF lowered.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Paul Ricard


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 3287
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions are just that...

If I do it = not Cool

If Magnus Walker/Singer do it = Cool

That's all

Bring on the modded 996, I think it's the perfect car for slamming, ducktail, Fuchs, and a funky Pascha interior santa

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
paul987
Albert Park


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 1654
Location: east mids


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more tastefully done ones.. Dont know
_________________
2001 996 C4S - Silver
2006 987 Boxster S 3.2 - Guards red
 



2217f826.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.27 KB
 Viewed:  948 Time(s)

2217f826.jpg



87bf797a491f5679f1b6e071d164db29.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.12 KB
 Viewed:  948 Time(s)

87bf797a491f5679f1b6e071d164db29.jpg



7ba5c2da8bedbf222c2d912635915a07.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.58 KB
 Viewed:  948 Time(s)

7ba5c2da8bedbf222c2d912635915a07.jpg



16e4da1e6c6e1881608566be724a16be.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.62 KB
 Viewed:  948 Time(s)

16e4da1e6c6e1881608566be724a16be.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Thefinn
Nürburgring


Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 378
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BChivs wrote:
Don’t get me wrong I love modding cars.....pretty much every car I’ve owned over the last 20 years has been non standard, and grew up in the car cruise era with nights in Southend...I just think the 996 is difficult to mod. 997’s look really good modified but the 996 in my own eyes looks better keeping it OEM. The 996 C4S is can be easily spoilt if running different wheels etc. To me certain cars can pull it off and the 996 is not one of them.


I would be up for resurrecting a Southend Porsche cruise, strictly 20 miles and hour now though
_________________
997.1 C4S CAB
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum