Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First time Porsche buyer - advice needed

Hi Dave :welcome:

It looks like a very clean car to me with a good spec and history if it's full OPC. I am not sure what the power kit is unless it's an X51 kit on it but I think they mean the Chrono, but this doesn't add power just changes a few things on how the car drives but is still a very good option to have. Google what Chrono does you will see and if it is X51 you are on to a winner.

You might also want to try to find out the engine number to see if it has the later I'm bearing as the earlier car tend to fail more. But I am sure someone with much better technical knowledge than me will tell you what to look for and what numbers. But at the that millage if it hasn't been an issue yet that's a good sign.

Thefinn said:
Hi Dave :welcome:

It looks like a very clean car to me with a good spec and history if it's full OPC. I am not sure what the power kit is unless it's an X51 kit on it but I think they mean the Chrono, but this doesn't add power just changes a few things on how the car drives but is still a very good option to have. Google what Chrono does you will see and if it is X51 you are on to a winner.

You might also want to try to find out the engine number to see if it has the later I'm bearing as the earlier car tend to fail more. But I am sure someone with much better technical knowledge than me will tell you what to look for and what numbers. But at the that millage if it hasn't been an issue yet that's a good sign.

Yeah as said I don't think it has an X51 power kit, seems it's more likely chrono sport plus. Maybe it's my eyes but some of the bonnet/front bumper pictures show the two parts have slightly different colours.

Certainly worth getting inspected independently to see what they make of it and check bores and rev ranges.

Is it me or is the link not working?

If all the other comments made on this post work out then Id say its well priced :)

:welcome:

On the pics alone, I'd buy it :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back