Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice/ Wheel Caps for 997

Geezer 911

Morning all,

The previous owner/s of my car probably regularly took the car to be cleaned at car a local wash as all 4 wheel caps look corroded/worn. (photo below)

After looking for replacement parts it hasn't really shocked me that even wheel caps are ridiculously expensive (I am taking about the plastic parts. :? )

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy these reasonably priced? Also as I do not want to buy the wrong replacements can someone please confirm if I need concaved caps or flat for my wheels?

Has anyone previously replaced their normal wheel caps for metal ones and is there much of a difference?

Thanks

Attachments

• img_3224_468.jpg
    img_3224_468.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,390
It looks like your wheels have already been refurbed and lost their 'bling' so I'd go for coloured crest centres. OEM or fakes seem to last longer than the horrid Turbo plastichrome originals.

eg

Another vote for porschecentrecaps ... I paid £20 for 4

I fancy changing my Turbo wheel centre caps to colour ones like that T8. Where did you get yours? What size are they 75mm dished???

Mine are 18 months old and already starting to decay. I'm diligent with keeping the car clean and didn't make a lick of difference. Interested to see what suggestions come up as £170 per set is something I can't bring myself to spend my hard earned on.

Just ordered some from Porschecentrecaps. Thanks for the pointing them out - mine had been annoying me for ages and I just couldn't bring myself to get OEM at those silly prices!!

Good to know, as I'm not that keen on the gold centre caps on my white & black car... and the OEM jobs are ridiculously expensive.

stucart said:
I fancy changing my Turbo wheel centre caps to colour ones like that T8. Where did you get yours? What size are they 75mm dished???

Mine are OEM, bought through Exel wheels at better than OPC price, over 4 years ago. They did 18 months on my 996T and have been on my 997T for nearly three years.

I'm pretty sure that all centres on 996s / 997s are the same size regardless of wheel size.

I'm another for porschecentrecaps.

Perfect replacement, almost like for like with a OEM fit.

For £20 i was very impressed!

Received mine yesterday from porshcentrecaps they amazing for 20 quid!!

To think I was to reserved to defeat by nearly spending £200 for replacements...

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with them. It's always a risk recommending a 3rd party, but I've ordered from them twice and been more than happy with the quality and service, especially for the price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back