Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collected my C2 GTS

Kiernan

After waiting what felt like a lifetime, finally collected my GTS on Thursday and have been getting to know it over the last couple of days.

I know I'm in the honeymoon period, and things can change over time, but I have to say that so far., it's FANTASTIC.

I had a 991 C2S a few years ago, and this feels like a totally different car. The real stand out feature for me over the last few hundred miles is the steering. It feels really responsive and makes the car feel light on its toes. On the back roads of North Yorkshire I was on yesterday, the car was a complete weapon. Any corner I took, I could sense that the car wasn't even trying; you just know that in the right hands this thing could be seriously quick. I wasn't sure about the PASM Sport when ordering the car, but just a few corners was enough to convince me that it was the right choice.

The conditions haven't been great today, so I gave it a wash (it got filthy on the way home picking it up) and tried to connect the Homelink up to my garage door. What an absolute pain. I'm sure there's knack to it, but whilst I've managed to get the car to acknowledge the signal, I can't get the door to budge even though I've tried to sync the systems (I think it's on a rolling code].

Anyway, a few pictures from the collection even though you know what a 911 looks like.

QV1cXE3w.jpg

tdw28cS8.jpg

gEILq5W1.jpg

VaOURH6g.jpg

and, just because I love the GTS embroidered into the headrests

F4cYMSY6.jpg

Nice one chum :thumb:

If you've programmed the Homelink to the garage door fob now use the door main unit to accept a new 'key'. That should do it if you now think of your car as the fob needing to be programmed into the main unit :thumb:

It looks even better in the flesh!! Nice one mate and welcome back to Porsche ownership, I've got a feeling it might be with you longer than the C2😂😂

Very nice. I like the red touches on the inside :thumb:

Excellent :thumb:
Correct gearbox selected
Outstanding purchase I must say

A thing of Beauty ....that really is a lovely looking motor

Is it Carmine red .... looks like it ..the colour really suits the GTS model for some reason .....lack of chrome does it justice ...

I am interested to know how the new model with turbos sounds compared to the old engine ?

Enjoy,,!,

Cheers guys. Always nice to get compliments.

Chris (silvermilnec), it better last longer than the last one; I don't think my bank balance would stand the pressure it I change my mind in the next three months!

911TEL, correct, it's Carmine Red. I thinks it gorgeous, a really deep red which looks different depending on the lighting. My last 911 was Guards, and this is totally different in the metal - Guards can be a bit orangey in certain conditions.

On the subject of sound, I think it sounds really good, and still very much a 911. I obviously haven't pushed it just yet, but I've driven a few 991.2's to know that at the top end they don't have that 'zing' that the old 3.8's have, but it's still a lovely sound, if slightly muted. My car immediately prior to this was BMW M4, and this sounds miles better.

Then again, that's not saying much as one of the major disappointments with the M4 was the sound. On a recent trip to Italy with mates in 911's and Boxster's, in the tunnels around Lake Como on the way down to Monza, I had a bit of exhaust envy as they all sounded miles better than my flatulent BMW. If we do the trip next year, I'll get some of my credibility back!

Now just got to get the front PPF'd and I'll bet set for winter.

My fave 991 :thumb:

I know what you mean 're the M4 sound, I went to a supercar show early summer and there was a lad revving the arse off one in the car park, it was embarrassingly tinnie and put into perspective when the 911R parked nearby left soon after :grin:

Congratulations Kiernan on the new 911 GTS, Please to see another manual :) but I am biased. ;) I had my S4 covered in PPF film just a year ago, who is doing the install for you? I See you are in Yorkshire, I had CleanDetail at Doncaster do mine they are approved Xpel installers.

alpinaB3 said:
Congratulations Kiernan on the new 911 GTS, Please to see another manual :) but I am biased. ;) I had my S4 covered in PPF film just a year ago, who is doing the install for you? I See you are in Yorkshire, I had CleanDetail at Doncaster do mine they are approved Xpel installers.

I'm using Reep in Knaresborough. They were at the Porsche Festival at Lotherton Hall, and their work looked really good. Having done a bit more research on them, and after speaking to their people, I'm confident that they know what they're doing, so they seem like an excellent choice. I'll find out next week for sure.

By the way, did I see your car at Lotherton Hall? It looks very similar to one that I saw in the car park.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back