Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"Predator Styling" exhaust manufacturers...reviews

Gooey36

Monza
Hi all,

Just want to see if anyone has any experience of this fabrication firm - I've searched the forum and nothing is coming up.

Searched the net and all reviews seem positive but cant find any info/vids online of one of their boxes on a 99x.

Anyone?!

My 996 GT3 came with this exhaust - I believe it is branded a Designtek Predator. Compared to the stock system it gave away from some low end torque but felt a little stronger in the final 2,000 RPM.

It is much louder that stock - Mrs M did not approve.

My car's previous owner had installed an additional (huge) silencer in the space where the factory cats/X pipe would reside. The system still recorded 105-6DB at 6,000 RPM despite being less than 2 years old.

I've seen retailers claim that this exhaust is registered at 97DB and therefore ideal for track days! Given my experience, and with the additional silencer fitted, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

Haywood & Scott can repack your factory silencers and or CATs if you're looking to replace your system based purely on wear & tear?

I am still trying to figure out a track friendly system for my own car... It's all a bit of an (expensive) gamble really in terms how loud the car will end up being.

Matt

Interesting - thanks for the detailed reply. May be best to avoid then!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back