Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty transfer Q!

Millsy71

Just a quick one.

Is an OPC warranty transferable from present owner to new one.
This is on an extended warranty, not a new manufacturer's one.

Cheers :dont know:

Millsy71 said:
Just a quick one.

Yes as long as the current owner does not cancel it. New owner should inform their OPC to have the car registered once they have bought it. Quick call the the service department will do it.

Millsy71 said:
Just a quick one.

AFAIK it is transferable as long as it is a private sale. If the car is passed through the trade it cannot be transferred.

Yes, the seller just needs to sign the warranty transfer form. The form is/was available on the Porsche website.

Marvellous :D :thumbs:

I may be onto something.

Just got to convince the wife

Any ideas on that one :grin:

Trade Purchase = No, and you will have to own the vehicle 3 months before it can be renewed on the vehicle, post a 111 check and rectifying any points raised.
Private Sale = Yes, of the remaining balance / expire date.

:thumb:

Bought a 2011 C4S from Ashgood Cars about a month ago and had no problem transferring the remaining 18months of the warranty. The car did have full OPCSH which I'm assuming makes it easier. Porsche Reading were really helpful, emailed me the forms, returned via email and a few days later got a letter confirming transfer and when my renewal was due. Also got the VTS tracking reactivated with Vodafone which was easy as well.

I bought my 997 from an OPC and not only did I get the 2 year used car warranty but I also had the remainder of the warranty from the previous owner which effectively gave me 2 years and 10 months warranty.

P

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back