Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Folding Bucket Seats

Diablos-666

I've spend a fair few bob on the 996c4s in the last month or so...

Annual Service
RUF springs
RS Engine mounts
19" RUF Alloys - to be refurbished
4 new Michelin PS2s
7mm & 15mm wheel spacers

Next up on the list is some folding bucket seats. I like the style of the 996 GT3 buckets but I don't want fixed ones as I still want use of the back seats for storage on those weekend away trips.
Can anyone recommend a set that isn't silly money?

Diablos-666 said:

Annual Service
RUF springs
RS Engine mounts
4 new Michelin PS2s
7mm & 15mm wheel spacers

Next up on the list is some folding bucket seats. I like the style of the 996 GT3 buckets but I don't want fixed ones as I still want use of the back seats for storage on those weekend away trips.

Got any pics of your car with the spacers fitted?

What are your thoughts on the RS engine mounts, is gear change better, is there any additional cabin noise?

BChivs said:
Diablos-666 said:

Annual Service
RUF springs
RS Engine mounts
4 new Michelin PS2s
7mm & 15mm wheel spacers

Got any pics of your car with the spacers fitted?

+1 for pics :)

I had RSS my mounts fitted to my 996tt. Noticed no increase in cabin noise. Car maybe felt a little tighter when pressing on maybe. It's a good mod/upgrade imho

I've not had the parts fitted yet, the car goes in next Thursday to have the springs and engine mounts fitted. I'll report back my opinions on the upgrades.

The wheels also get picked up on Thursday by Lepsons for the refurb. Once the wheels come back I'll fit them along with the spacers.

I'll try and remember to take before and after pics but I struggle to upload photos from my phone on this website. It always says the files are too big.

The D911 seats are well made. Been very happy with my fixed back set

I have those seats and they do creak a little.

Any tips on eliminating that most welcome :D

bakerboy4s said:
What are your thoughts on the RS engine mounts, is gear change better, is there any additional cabin noise?

I've been running the RSS mounts for a while too now. They are a very positive upgrade that you will notice. It makes the car feel more solid at the rear. In a good way. Especially in the 911 where the engine movement exaggerates the pendulum effect. As for noise and vibration which are the big problem with a more solid mount. I have not noticed any vibration at all. The noise is there but you have to listen for it, it is a kind of whirling sound. Really not bad though and as I say you have to listen for it. If you brought the car with the mounts fitted you would think nothing of it. It is only because you can compare the two that you notice it.

I'm really keen on pushing the button on the Design 911 seats but have heard so many people saying not to buy them as they believe they will definitely fail in a crash. There was even a thread where someone actually had a rear end shunt which made the back 'snap off' leaving some pretty horrific carbon jagged edges.
Any updates on this? They look the part, and the price seem favourable compared to genuine items. I've still not found a seat that looks like this one (I.e not too racey!) to install in my car.

I do find that doubtful, to be honest. They seem plenty strong enough to me.

Why not just ask Design 911 and ask the question about crash-testing?

Tomo said:
I'm really keen on pushing the button on the Design 911 seats but have heard so many people saying not to buy them as they believe they will definitely fail in a crash. There was even a thread where someone actually had a rear end shunt which made the back 'snap off' leaving some pretty horrific carbon jagged edges.
Any updates on this? They look the part, and the price seem favourable compared to genuine items. I've still not found a seat that looks like this one (I.e not too racey!) to install in my car.

IIRC in that thread (the PH one), they were discussing replicas in general, rather than the exact ones sold by D911.

Found them:

From 2009
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=694690

From 2016
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1564441
With contributions from our own PPBB

Honestly not wanting to start an argument, but how have you found out they are strong enough? One must be mindful that the amount of pressure one could inflict Vs a circa 13 stone piece of meat can at at say a 50mph crash is quite a different force amount.

I called Design 911 a while back. They confirmed that they were made in China (Not necessarily a bad thing - agreed) and have absolutely no certification or crash testing.....

As mentioned these would really scratch my bucket itch. but feel uneasy at the moment.

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back