Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Errr Sports Chrono Clock Hands fallen off!!

Aphill80

Silverstone
Erm situation! my small lower clock hands have fallen off!!

Firstly has this happened to anyone else ? what did you do?

Secondly can you even buy just the little hands!!

Tbh i don't use it but i like my cars to be perfect, OCD and all that..

cheers

Andy

Attachments

• unknown_147.jpeg
    unknown_147.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 6,215
COMPLAIN !!!! a clock had should not just come off!!!

FWIW but not Porsche related - I have an omega 007 watch (no great value like a rolex etc) but the 12 oclock marker fell off and i was livid as the omega dealer on Regent street told me with a service, polish etc the cost would be over£600

I promptly told them i could buy a swatch that could keep better time and last as long, i will go on socal media....got it all done for a smidge over £300 - still took them 4 weeks tho

Another example of poor build quality of modern Porsche cars. By its 7th birthday my Gen 1 997 centre & passenger side air vents broken & passenger seat height adjustment failed. It had only done 28K miles.

Knowing if its happened to anyone else is immaterial. Its happened to you and your OCD demands it is fixed. So if you have an OPC warranty, take it up with OPC.

If no warranty, I guess this is one of those jobs that you have to reach into the purse strings for and buy the part at OPC and have them fit it?

Not knowing the relationship you have with your nearest OPC, it is hard to say if they might be prepared to make a goodwill contribution to the fix.

Thanks for the replies guys cars a 2005 997 so its a DIY job if it can be done,

Car has ultra rare black dials option so ordering a replacement even if i had money to BURN would be full blown bonfire.

does any one refurb them?

A

At that price I'd be asking OPC for a price - and does a Boxster clock fit the design for the 997 dash? It doesn't list a 997 as being compatible for this item on the ad.

I doubt labour will be much to replace it. If you are in PCGB you can get 10% of the parts prices at OPC - that might be a saving worth having - though membership will cost you £70 in the first year.

New price is double that £650, its not a difficult job to swap them over .
and yes the chrono is the same clock for the boxter ,cayman and 997 they changed the housings model dependant the 997 got a leather one the boxter unless upgrades got a black soft touch one like the centre console. the clocks were all the same just differing faces and needle colours.
unfortunately the OP has the more unusual black one with a sort of carbon face , if he had the white one with black lower needle he could have got a used one of those £100 cheaper :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
New price is double that £650, its not a difficult job to swap them over .
and yes the chrono is the same clock for the boxter ,cayman and 997 they changed the housings model dependant the 997 got a leather one the boxter unless upgrades got a black soft touch one like the centre console. the clocks were all the same just differing faces and needle colours.
unfortunately the OP has the more unusual black one with a sort of carbon face , if he had the white one with black lower needle he could have got a used one of those £100 cheaper :thumb:

thanks while not good news very helpful :eek: :pc:

You could try Julian at Reap Automotive...if he is still around

Great work

20 mins max to swap it out for a new one - very simple DIY job.

The "very rare" colour scheme i think is just standard carrera (not S).
Mine looks the same as yours... sounds like wait for one to come up from a breakers.
I am surprised by how much they seem to sell for though.... I would have thought this was quite a niche part??

Now all the sensible answers are out the way Can I just say......

ITS. NOT OCD.

ITS CDO.

you have to put the letters in the right order!!! :floor:

Millsy71 said:
Now all the sensible answers are out the way Can I just say......

ITS. NOT OCD.

ITS CDO.

you have to put the letters in the right order!!! :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: or in my case
C
D
O

rob_p said:
20 mins max to swap it out for a new one - very simple DIY job.

The "very rare" colour scheme i think is just standard carrera (not S).
Mine looks the same as yours... sounds like wait for one to come up from a breakers.
I am surprised by how much they seem to sell for though.... I would have thought this was quite a niche part??

Thanks for the reply,

If your right and its a standard 997 Carrera clock thats going to be a right result my car has option codes:

22 - Black coloured instrument dials & cluster (997)
025 - Black coloured instrument dials & stopwatch (997)

sounding very much like a DIY job now

thanks
A

I have just checked and mine is defo the same as yours.
Pretty sure these are standard carrera clocks - these were always black as far as I know.
It has often been said by S owners that they prefer the standard dials which I guess is why they were an option on the S.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back