Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Aston Martin Vantage

IMO the front headlights don't fit the face.

They need to be larger and have some sculpture and/or wrap around radical design, similar to what they have done on the rear?

I am sure they will sell them by the bucket load.

Not for me.

I'll stick with my 911 thanks

I agree regarding the headlights. They look like they've been taken straight from the current MX5. Even on the MX5 the light cluster is to small.
When the 458 was released I thought Ferrari had made them too big, yet today I think that it's a stunning design.
I'm unsure whether these two cars appeal to the same demographic of buyer. I rarely see AM on track days where you're bound to get the odd p cars at a track day
Is the new 991.2 more aligned with the AMV8 than it was in the past. Im not sure of the answer

As they say the rear is very pretty

BUT .. the face not so much.... looks like a MX5 square on! :eek:

If its anything like the difference I have experienced between my DB9 and my 997 the Porsche will win in every single area inc. maintenance costs . the only thing the AM has over the 911 is James Bond :grin: :grin:

IMO the only thing it has got in common with a 911 is that it looks better from the rear than from the front.....

DRZ911 said:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-martin/101788/new-aston-martin-vantage-revealed-to-take-on-porsche-911

Wishful thinking by Andy Palmer, or a genuinely serious competitor for the 911 :?:

Well - the LM GTE class has a balance of performance applied to it, so at least at Le Mans then it certainly is (the GTE racing version was unveiled on the same day as the road offering). As a road car though, despite being in a similar price class I am not so sure that they really hit the same market as the porker. As a 2 seater it is surely more about the AMG GT, Audi R8, etc...?

Agree with the above comments.

In terms of looks, the front end is a hotchpotch between very prominent splitters, shark-mouth grille and miniscule headlights. Think the side-on view probably shows the car at its best. The rear end is typical AMV (which I personally think is lame). Inside, the car looks sophisticated and top notch.

Power-wise, it is on GT3 4.0 litre pace, although with the turbos, likely to be more aggressive torque delivery than the GT3. A standard 3.0 litre GTS 911 puts out 450bhp, so will be interesting to see how the AMV competes in real-world performance in terms of the 991.2 and the next gen 911. Probably will be the closest AM have got in being a genuine competitor for the 911 in years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back